Re: Rumour Control.

whoareya wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I'm just genuinely surprised at the amount of people on this message board who don't think that if people have potentially bad/worrying information about the club that could have serious consequences for us, we should not bring it up or discuss it.

Unfortunately, and i know his intentions were good, a director has posted this thread today but instead of squashing the main rumour (our situation with the WRU) has only added to it.
He's in the "legal trade" ... he knows what he's doing .....

By all means bring it up, but substantiate it over and above 'my mate' and 'I've heard' or better still contact one of the many directors and then either post a response that has some credibility or back off.

You cant have it both ways, you say this place is just an unofficial message board but then use it to raise what you've heard and expect the club to then release official statements in response.

As long as it concerns Newport County or a football-related topic, contributors can post about it. There is nothing in the messageboard rules that states that posts must not be critical of the club or negative about its actions or policies. It is also permissible to rumour-monger and speculate - that’s what message boards are all about. I really am surprised that some on here are so easily “ wound up “ by opinions because that’s all they are, opinions. Thank goodness this is an online debate fought with brains and fingers and not taking place in a Western saloon with colt revolvers - it would be a bloodbath. I sometimes wonder how some people on here get through their day without ending up in a fistfight :shock:

Alan G Bryant wrote:They way I see it is pretty simple. Last season we had a good year financially. The WRU recognised this and have implemented clauses in the poor agreement to extricate more money out of us. The board are disputing it and do not feel they can comment publicly yet.

Give them a break.
Reading between the lines, am I right in saying that the contract that we signed effectively means that any meaningful profit from playing football goes to the WRU? So they get rent, profit on food & beer and also profit off our footballing profit. If this is the case we will never progress - they have us over a barrel. Madness.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: My opinion is that the people of Newport are not idiots. You are entitled to believe that they are. Brave, if I may say so. :shock:
Stan - remind us which forum user wrote this: " ... typical Newport. Quite prepared to give out stick, whines like a piglet at the merest hint of criticism."

I don't know if he is still in the job, but if so this refers to someone with whom the club would presumably right now be discussing the small print around complying with our groundshare licence.
Last edited by George Street-Bridge on July 12th, 2018, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

IF there is an issue, I'd like to think that the club will go public with it if no progress is being made. At the end of the day the WRU are the outsiders here, and IF they are playing hard-ball then I'd like to think we'd have the balls to fight fire with fire.

Plenty of Dragons supporters who also follow the County and vice versa; I wonder how these people would feel IF the WRU were looking to push the football out?