Re: Let's put this to bed.

Corpaboy wrote:So .... you're saying this whole debate is based on us and the WRU arguing over the cost a scrummaging machine ???

I despair .... I really do ....

No.

This whole debate is between a large number of people who looking at the evidence coming to the conclusion that the WRU were playing hard ball with Newport County. And a second smaller group arguing that this was an unfounded rumour.

The debate is over. The group who argued that there was a difficulty have been proven correct and the smaller group have, rather than acknowledge that they were wrong, have simply resorted to being even more abusive.

All except little Jimmy Exile, whose brother has told him to shut the f@ck up. :shock:

Next move. Stan consults with his contact on the board, which I'm sure is pretty obvious to all who that is , apart from those that blow smoke up his arse, and not his dick. Board man then says to Jimmy Exile's brother stop your brother spreading nasty rumours.

So , once again , Stanley baby...........
1. Who is Jimmy Exile ( you always ask for names, so share your "inside" knowledge)
2. Who is his brothe ?
3. Who told you that little Jimmy Exile was told to shut up by his brother ?

Threadbare wrote:Next move. Stan consults with his contact on the board, which I'm sure is pretty obvious to all who that is , apart from those that blow smoke up his arse, and not his dick. Board man then says to Jimmy Exile's brother stop your brother spreading nasty rumours.

So , once again , Stanley baby...........
1. Who is Jimmy Exile ( you always ask for names, so share your "inside" knowledge)
2. Who is his brothe ?
3. Who told you that little Jimmy Exile was told to shut up by his brother ?

Tell you what. PM me your phone number and I will call you and tell you who little Jimmy is.

8)

Re: The only show in town.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Let's draw a line. Lunchtime 2nd July 2018.
-------------- :grin: little joke there. But from now on a really serious post.

Unless the directors of Newport County have completely lost their senses they must realize that there is only one option.

They enter talks with Newport City Council with one goal in mind. The only way to save our club is for Newport City Council to buy Rodney Parade. Having done so they let the stadium to both Newport County and the premier rugby team in the town.

I suspect that this has already begun. I would hope so. It is my view that the Council will need to be lobbied as to why such an action and expenditure will be good for the followers of both codes and generally for the good folk of our beloved Newport.

To lobby effectively we all need to be involved. Letters to councillors, the press, a media campaign. Full on 100% commitment. It really is now or never. I am tired of being embarrassed by my town. Tired of listening to the same old voices telling us why we can't go forward. I truly believe that there is now our best chance of creating for ourselves a better future. However I also believe that this might also be our last chance.

Time for Newport County AFC to come out and say what needs to be done and to embrace the supporters and ask us to be involved. Please don't use that old cliche of this being a delicate situation. After 30 years time for us all to show a bit of cohones.

Gentlemen, ladies,

Read that which I wrote. Not what George Street Bridge says I wrote.

I don't see any difference between "there's only one show in town" and "unless they have taken leave of their senses, there's only one option". [Edit to add: In other words, if lobbying for a council-safeguarded stake in RP is essential, by the same token so must staying there be.]

I would have thought lobbying the council to buy at least a stake being the best outcome is so obvious it barely needs stating.

But absolutely crucial to keep details under very close wraps and most particularly out of the hands of anyone who has demonstrated they can't keep confidences from within the club.
Last edited by George Street-Bridge on July 12th, 2018, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I don't see any difference between "there's only one show in town" and "unless they have taken leave of their senses, there's only one option".

I would have thought lobbying the council to buy at least a stake being the best outcome is so obvious it barely needs stating.

But absolutely crucial to keep details under very close wraps and most particularly out of the hands of anyone who has demonstrated they can't keep confidences from within the club.
Newport County should negotiate with Newport City Council and the Dragons to be joint tenants. Is a view I hold.

A second view I hold is that by being tenants of the rugby at Rodney Parade, we are over a barrel.

When you wrote 'only a few weeks ago Rodney Parade was the only show in town' you completely altered that which I said.

Seems this dog has sniffed out yet another turd.

George Street-Bridge wrote:How can negotiating a joint tenancy (with which I strongly agree) be "the only show in town" without the ground also being that?
My complaint is not about Rodney Parade. My complaint is that being tenants of the WRU leaves us in an impossible position.

Remember your smug words, not just "two weeks ago Rodney Parade was the only show in town but also on you having to scrutinize? You clearly imply that I have changed my position. I haven't.

You keep doing this and I am forced to conclude that it is not accidental on your part.

However let's try to ignore those who wish to sabotage and discuss this rationally. What are our options.

Firstly we can accept that for thirty years we failed to develop a home of our own. We could fold the club and start again. Actually there are worse things we could do. But let's not despair quite yet.

Secondly we can carry on as we are. If we do that, the WRU will continue to squeeze us dry. Eventually we will be relegated and in 2022 the WRU will just wave us goodbye. That option is worse than option one.

Finally we could attempt to negotiate with Newport City Council and the Dragons. We could try to convince them that it is in all our best interests to work together. That this is the only way to ensure that there is first class sport available to the good people of our wonderful city, without having to buy a cheap day return ticket to Cardiff.

I believe close scrutiny of my posts will confirm that option three is my choice. However I am aware that others don't agree. George Street Bridge is very good at telling me why I am wrong. Fair enough. Perhaps George would like to tell us what he thinks we should do?

Come on George. We know Spytty is not suitable for League football. We know that our present landlords the WRU are putting on the squeeze.

Over to you George. What do you think we should do?

Above you see my analysis. So George I wonder if you would answer a few questions?

Firstly you have said that that which I write should be scrutinized and be open to challenge. I agree entirely. You have also said that having carried out that exercise you have to point out my inconsistent position. I respectfully request that you put aside your sympathy for me and educate myself and anyone else who is interested, what the inconsistencies are in my position.

Finally I would be grateful if you would share the undoubtedly brilliant views of your impressive intellect and enlighten us all as to what we should do now.

Thank you.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on July 13th, 2018, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.