Re: TNS champions league

Every domestic champion club that does not qualify for the group stage will receive a solidarity payment of €260,000 in addition to the amounts due for participation in the qualifying rounds (which only teams not qualifying for the group stage are entitled to): €220,000 (for the first qualifying round). €320,000 (for the second), €420,000 (for the third; for eliminated sides only). Clubs going out in the play-offs pick up their first and second round payments, plus the abovementioned €260,000 .

So at least €480,000 ... Not too bad at all.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Are TNS a full-time professional squad, and would anyone know what their playing budget would be?

Yes they are, no I don't. As at May 2016 they were the ONLY full time pro team in the Welsh League. Not sure if any others have gone full time since

edit:- just found this statement from Jan 2017 :-
"As the only full-time club in the 12-team Welsh Premier League, TNS operate with the biggest annual wage budget (£500,000 for their players and staff) and, as a result, there is a degree of scepticism among some about their winning run".

I went to their home tie last year when they lost at home to the champions of the mighty San Marino.

The entire setup is a complete and utter joke and a total embarrassment to Welsh football.

The fact that European opposition think this is the best our country has to offer is just silly.

The Welsh League should feed into the English system.

rncfc wrote:I went to their home tie last year when they lost at home to the champions of the mighty San Marino.

The entire setup is a complete and utter joke and a total embarrassment to Welsh football.

The fact that European opposition think this is the best our country has to offer is just silly.

The Welsh League should feed into the English system.

Unfortunately, this IS the best on offer from the Welsh League