CUDDY GROUP GOES INTO ADMINISTRATION

Now it is out in the public domain, perhaps people will start to listen, while it does not effect our club directly, the implications indirectly are massive, I urge you all to think long and hard about what has gone on in the last few months, having been aware of this story line for a number of months now, I for one believe the board have our best interests at heart, but now have a situation which can only get worse for our club.

MY SOURCE INFORMED ME SOME TIME AGO THAT CUDDY GROUP ARE ONE OF THE DRAGONS SUGAR DADDIES

It`s like a jigsaw, when you find that missing piece, it all starts to come together.

For those that doubt what I say, Google will reveal all.

Re: CUDDY GROUP GOES INTO ADMINISTRATION

This doesn't have any bearing on our lease. The terms are the terms - all we have to do is adhere to those terms and ensure the landlord adheres to their terms. They can't simply charge more than the terms already allow for. If there are any concerns about how the lease is bring administered then the club has to do what all other lessees have to do - pay the lease payment and withhold only the amount they dispute.

If the lease agreement is as poor as those who choose to spread rumours suggest - then the club will have to grin and bear it whilst trying to renegotiate it. I would hope that this is where the club is currently at.

flat4 wrote:Now it is out in the public domain, perhaps people will start to listen, while it does not effect our club directly, the implications indirectly are massive, I urge you all to think long and hard about what has gone on in the last few months, having been aware of this story line for a number of months now, I for one believe the board have our best interests at heart, but now have a situation which can only get worse for our club.

MY SOURCE INFORMED ME SOME TIME AGO THAT CUDDY GROUP ARE ONE OF THE DRAGONS SUGAR DADDIES

It`s like a jigsaw, when you find that missing piece, it all starts to come together.

For those that doubt what I say, Google will reveal all.
surprised to be reading this. I know that CUDDY were for some time the major investor in Neath rfc and later the Ospreys rfc.
I remember his logo emblazoned on their jerseys, wasn't aware of their 'sugar daddy' status in relation to the Dragons?

whoareya wrote:This doesn't have any bearing on our lease. The terms are the terms - all we have to do is adhere to those terms and ensure the landlord adheres to their terms. They can't simply charge more than the terms already allow for. If there are any concerns about how the lease is bring administered then the club has to do what all other lessees have to do - pay the lease payment and withhold only the amount they dispute.

If the lease agreement is as poor as those who choose to spread rumours suggest - then the club will have to grin and bear it whilst trying to renegotiate it. I would hope that this is where the club is currently at.
I am afraid that the license agreement having very poor terms for Newport County is not a rumour. Firstly Kevin Ward has said so, and secondly I have seen it.

Your next point is correct, so long as we adhere to it we can't be removed from Rodney Parade. Well not four another five years.

Your third point about renegotiating is likewise correct. Or at least I believe you are correct. However, a renegotiation requires both sides to engage. The WRU have us over a barrel, I would be delighted if the board can get a better deal, I would likewise be amazed.

Lest anyone think I am being critical of the present board I am not. This entire shambles is a legacy of 30 years of avoiding the main problem which we face. We are collectively to blame.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:This doesn't have any bearing on our lease. The terms are the terms - all we have to do is adhere to those terms and ensure the landlord adheres to their terms. They can't simply charge more than the terms already allow for. If there are any concerns about how the lease is bring administered then the club has to do what all other lessees have to do - pay the lease payment and withhold only the amount they dispute.

I am afraid that the license agreement having very poor terms for Newport County is not a rumour. Firstly Kevin Ward has said so, and secondly I have seen it.

Your next point is correct, so long as we adhere to it we can't be removed from Rodney Parade. Well not four another five years.

Your third point about renegotiating is likewise correct. Or at least I believe you are correct. However, a renegotiation requires both sides to engage. The WRU have us over a barrel, I would be delighted if the board can get a better deal, I would likewise be amazed.

Lest anyone think I am being critical of the present board I am not. This entire shambles is a legacy of 30 years of avoiding the main problem which we face. We are collectively to blame.
That’s a pretty clear summation. It’s not anyone’s fault except ours but in truth we’ve not really ever had much of a choice , we’ve never had a pot to p!ss in and neither do our fans. Our only hope is a benefactor or an ( extremely ) long term plan to buy a home or speak to the WRU about buying into this one. If the latter were to be successful, it might suit everyone in the end but we’ll have to be a hell of a lot better at raising the cash. Mortgage to buy in, is it a possibility? Might be worth asking.

Except that for 20+ of those years we were playing in a stadium that entirely befitted our standing in the pyramid. Crowds of 750 were never going to suggest that a 5000? capacity ground was a sensible plan. Success came quickly towards the end of that long spell. Who would have expected us to get through the Conference in only three years. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

excessbee wrote:Except that for 20+ of those years we were playing in a stadium that entirely befitted our standing in the pyramid. Crowds of 750 were never going to suggest that a 5000? capacity ground was a sensible plan. Success came quickly towards the end of that long spell. Who would have expected us to get through the Conference in only three years. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I agree with a lot of your summary but even sides like Caldicot , Chepstow and Undy have their own grounds,,,,I am not sure if the clubs own the grounds or the Council but we haven't even got a base to start with...Since reforming we have always rented grounds......Moreton -In-Marsh, Gloucester , Somerton Park, Spytty , and now RP.....surely somebody on the BOD should have thought about the future ?????

excessbee wrote:Except that for 20+ of those years we were playing in a stadium that entirely befitted our standing in the pyramid. Crowds of 750 were never going to suggest that a 5000? capacity ground was a sensible plan. Success came quickly towards the end of that long spell. Who would have expected us to get through the Conference in only three years. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If only fifteen years ago someone had had the foresight to say we need to develop a stadium. If only someone in power had had the ability to listen.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If only fifteen years ago someone had had the foresight to say we need to develop a stadium. If only someone in power had had the ability to listen.
... we'd have gone bust again and not have a team to follow today.

neilcork68 wrote:

I agree with a lot of your summary but even sides like Caldicot , Chepstow and Undy have their own grounds,,,,I am not sure if the clubs own the grounds or the Council but we haven't even got a base to start with...Since reforming we have always rented grounds......Moreton -In-Marsh, Gloucester , Somerton Park, Spytty , and now RP.....surely somebody on the BOD should have thought about the future ?????
.....and coupled with the fact Spytty was never a football ground like the others mentioned, it was a sh!tty athletics venue.

neilcork68 wrote:

.....and coupled with the fact Spytty was never a football ground like the others mentioned, it was a sh!tty athletics venue.