Re: Interbet.com New Main sponsor

frostyjohn wrote:Until otherwise confirmed officially it remains rumour.

Coming at it from the opposite direction Newport RFC lost RP because they could not service the debt against the ground. Is it now the case that they were losing a significant income by failing to charge County what they were entitled to? Ironic if in helping County, intentially or not, they lost the ground putting County in a more vulnerable position. What a tangled web.
Rubbish.Hazell and Brown put the Dragons debts against Newport RFC s assets.Utter scum.

whoareya wrote:
Call it a Lease or a License, but that's the basic mechanics of how they work.
There is no nice way of saying this. The reason that there is case law to distinguish that which is a lease and that which is a license is that the benefits and obligations under each are completely different. You simply don't know what you are talking about.

lowandhard wrote:Is this a related company?
https://www.interbet.co.za/
No.

Edit. The South African betting company interbet has no connection with our sponsors. When I first read of our new sponsorship I thought that it was. It was only rereading the Argus article and learning that it was Leon Hughes who was behind our sponsors that I realized my error.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on July 3rd, 2018, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bush wrote:WE can’t honestly be thinking about having the ticket office at the neon can we? That’s the rumour I just heard. I’m hoping that’s fake news. What a terrible idea.
I'm confused about this also, Obviously season tikets on sale from Neon tomorrow. Offical site states this is temporary whilst transition to new ticket office/shop continues. Were we not told that we will be sharing a new ticketing service with the Dragons (ticketmaster) Excuse my ignorance is Neon what was once the odeon many years ago?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
There is no nice way of saying this. The reason that there is case law to distinguish that which is a lease and that which is a license is that the benefits and obligations under each are completely different. You simply don't know what you are talking about.
I see you ignored my earlier post - too difficult was it ? You can pontificate all you like about your case law, but you've never managed a lease agreement have you?

(https://www.blasermills.co.uk/lease-or- ... ifference/) "a licence must be carefully drafted. If the terms of the licence actually make it, in substance, a lease, then the courts will treat the agreement as a lease. This creates a danger that licences, which are not correctly drafted and granted for longer than six months, could earn the tenant a claim for protection under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954. This protection provides security of tenure to business tenancies, granting them the right to remain on the premises following expiry of the contract, and to request a renewal on the same terms."

A court will always look at the substance of an agreement rather than just its name, in order to interpret the true intention of the parties.

Your pomposity is pathetic.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Bush wrote:WE can’t honestly be thinking about having the ticket office at the neon can we? That’s the rumour I just heard. I’m hoping that’s fake news. What a terrible idea.
I'm confused about this also, Obviously season tikets on sale from Neon tomorrow. Offical site states this is temporary whilst transition to new ticket office/shop continues. Were we not told that we will be sharing a new ticketing service with the Dragons (ticketmaster) Excuse my ignorance is Neon what was once the odeon many years ago?
Yes neon is old odeon. That’s exactly what I thought but rumours are there is an issue over cost of tickmaster system. Hope it’s all nonsense because we simply cannot have a full time ticket office at the neon that’s mental! Ha

whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
I see you ignored my earlier post - too difficult was it ? You can pontificate all you like about your case law, but you've never managed a lease agreement have you?

(https://www.blasermills.co.uk/lease-or- ... ifference/) "a licence must be carefully drafted. If the terms of the licence actually make it, in substance, a lease, then the courts will treat the agreement as a lease. This creates a danger that licences, which are not correctly drafted and granted for longer than six months, could earn the tenant a claim for protection under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954. This protection provides security of tenure to business tenancies, granting them the right to remain on the premises following expiry of the contract, and to request a renewal on the same terms."

A court will always look at the substance of an agreement rather than just its name, in order to interpret the true intention of the parties.

Your pomposity is pathetic.
Yes well devoid of argument you immediately go to insults. Fine but don't expect to be taken seriously. The point you seem unaware of is that a lease being an interest in land gives the right of exclusion. You rent an office as a tenant and you can exclude others.

Can Newport County exclude the WRU from Rodney Parade? No. Therefore the agreement between Newport County and the now owner of that agreement, the WRU, is clearly a license.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Yes well devoid of argument you immediately go to insults. Fine but don't expect to be taken seriously. The point you seem unaware of is that a lease being an interest in land gives the right of exclusion. You rent an office as a tenant and you can exclude others.

Can Newport County exclude the WRU from Rodney Parade? No. Therefore the agreement between Newport County and the now owner of that agreement, the WRU, is clearly a license.
As I said, you've clearly never managed a lease agreement but prefer to hide behind static case law. I'd take the knowledge of a Practicing Property firm over yours any day.

whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

As I said, you've clearly never managed a lease agreement but prefer to hide behind static case law. I'd take the knowledge of a Practicing Property firm over yours any day.
Talking of practising firms and back on topic, how does one place a bet with interbet? Not the giant South African bookies of that name. I was wondering just how one places a bet with our innovative Cardiff based start-up?

newgroundrodney wrote:
Anyway, we're straying off topic somewhat (my fault).... I'm sure the new sponsorship will be fine, and if it isn't, I doubt it'll collapse the club if we have to wear balnk shirts at some point, embarrassing as that would be.
Wonder if any of them didn't buy a product because they sponsor a rival, that's why Celtic and Rangers share a sponsor.

Meanwhile interbet still do not have a functioning website.......

we've been had and the board can come on here and ridicule rumours and gossip talk all they like, but the fact , whilst much of the clubs problems is due to sins of those before them, they have been in place and accepted promises from this new sponsor that no basic due dilligence check could possibly have cleared as being above board.

I hope we didn't print up too many shirts, debacle.