Sponsorship

Am I missing something or don't the supporters club already donate funds to the club - like paying for new signings? If so, why are we wasting valuable shirt sponsorship space selling it to them?

On a related note, slightly disappointed both other shirt sponsors are companies owned by current directors. Doesn't really instill much confidence in our ability to attract sponsorship.

Also, why is the sponsorship/hospitality brochure not published on our website? This isn't personal but I can't help feeling our commercial manager needs to up her game a bit.

Re: Sponsorship

daftasfxxx wrote:
NineteenEightyNine wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:There's no pleasing some
Tell me what pleases you about selling shirt space to an organisation that already donates money to the club?
Everything, why shouldn't it

I suppose the obvious reason he's getting at being we'd get more money if those organizations are donating money anyway and we getting two extra sponsors?

I suggested to Neil last year that each Club organisation should have a specific fundraising goal.Let's say the Business Club concentrate on funding ground rent,100 Club player coach travel costs,Supporters Club fund overnight stays and so on.That way,each branch of the Club has something to aim their efforts on rather than what appears to be unspecific amounts as and when.Each branch of the Club would get recognition from the Club by way of programme,website and photo opportunities and fundraising would be more focused.Neil and some on here seemed interested in the idea,and a meeting was set up to discuss this and other suggestions.As far as I know,this and any other concepts were not taken any further.

I suppose the obvious reason he's getting at being we'd get more money if those organizations are donating money anyway and we getting two extra sponsors?[/quote]

Exactly. Talk about missing the point.

To be clear, I've no issue with Henry Howard or Green Fox sponsoring the shirt and didn't for a second think they would be paying anything other than the going rate. It just suggests to me that we're struggling to attract external sponsorship, especially as the third space was sold to the supporters club who ALREADY donate money to the club.

Doesn't matter though, only 3% of the shirt - not like the club needs the extra income aye...
Last edited by NineteenEightyNine on July 12th, 2018, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daftasfxxx wrote:Why shouldn't the supporters club have the recognition they deserve and no I'm not missing the point but i bow to your superior knowledge
The supporters club do an incredible job and as such I'm sure they'd be willing for someone else to pay for the space on the shirt and still continue to donate money to the club. I'm sure I don't have to explain the maths.

The directors that read and post here will surely confirm that the space was unsold and rather than leave it blank they decided to recognise the supporters club who contribute so much and so added them to the shirt.

It's not a massive problem other than it highlights the commercial arm is massively under performing and we had to giveaway a space rather than leave it blank

Beechwooddragon wrote:The directors that read and post here will surely confirm that the space was unsold and rather than leave it blank they decided to recognise the supporters club who contribute so much and so added them to the shirt.

It's not a massive problem other than it highlights the commercial arm is massively under performing and we had to giveaway a space rather than leave it blank

Is it the commercial arm that is under performing or the lack of businesses interested in donating money?

Beechwooddragon wrote:The directors that read and post here will surely confirm that the space was unsold and rather than leave it blank they decided to recognise the supporters club who contribute so much and so added them to the shirt.

All three have paid the going rate for it I'm certain.The Club have not given it to them.