Re: Fans' consultation result?....any news?

lowandhard wrote:As on so many matters, the silence is deafening :grin:
Agreed, whilst appreciating we have to show patience and let our elected board do their job in apparantly difficult times, i do feel that patience is now running out. We are told that sensitive, delicate negotitions are ongoing. About what exactly? I believe we have reached a point whereby the silence has now become counter-productive. as peoples imaginations are beginning to run away with them. Even to be told what are the parameters of negotiations are could be reassuring. I do realise administration has been strained of late whilst we have been awaiting the new COO to start. I understand he has been in post since last week, admiittedly a relative short time, but hopefuuly things will gradually start to improve from now on.
As for the results of the survey, obviously the overriding opinions of supporters are known. Are we now at the stage where not sharing that information with the supporters is being disrespectul of that support?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
lowandhard wrote:As on so many matters, the silence is deafening :grin:
Agreed, whilst appreciating we have to show patience and let our elected board do their job in apparantly difficult times, i do feel that patience is now running out. We are told that sensitive, delicate negotitions are ongoing. About what exactly? I believe we have reached a point whereby the silence has now become counter-productive. as peoples imaginations are beginning to run away with them. Even to be told what are the parameters of negotiations are could be reassuring. I do realise administration has been strained of late whilst we have been awaiting the new COO to start. I understand he has been in post since last week, admiittedly a relative short time, but hopefuuly things will gradually start to improve from now on.
As for the results of the survey, obviously the overriding opinions of supporters are known. Are we now at the stage where not sharing that information with the supporters is being disrespectul of that support?
A simple statement such as the following would suffice : " the results of the survey are now known, and it appears there is no great wish on the part of the fans to drop the Trust model, therefore a vote on the matter is unlikely to be needed. Results to be published in summary form, in due course " ....... what's the problem in making a simple statement. Surely that can't be too sensitive to release can it?

newgroundrodney wrote:
I reckon a series of small holding statements on the part of the Club would dispel lots of rumour & worry on a range of issues.
Whatever the club say, new rumours will begin again almost immediately. If communicating resulted in some respite from the nonsense, maybe we would hear more?

While I'm grateful to them for doing so, sometimes I wonder why anybody bothers to stand for election to our board. I wouldn't be surprised if at least a couple of the newly elected members aren't already wondering why they bothered.

I can well understand why a siege mentality might have developed. But the problem is there's a fine line which if crossed makes it harder for people whose default position is always to give the club the benefit of the doubt - e.g. me - to keep doing that.

For example, some out-of-town ST holders will want to collect their tickets on the day of the first home game without trekking into town. I'd be surprised if they can't be collected at the ground, but I can't for the life of me see why the club can't say where.

OR if they don't know yet, just say as much. It would be a courtesy to people who have stumped up hundreds of pounds weeks or even months in advance and might drive a couple of thousand of miles a year to and from home games. (A family member is collecting mine a week ahead, from wherever.)

George Street-Bridge wrote:I can well understand why a siege mentality might have developed. But the problem is there's a fine line which if crossed makes it harder for people whose default position is always to give the club the benefit of the doubt - e.g. me - to keep doing that.

For example, some out-of-town ST holders will want to collect their tickets on the day of the first home game without trekking into town. I'd be surprised if they can't be collected at the ground, but I can't for the life of me see why the club can't say where.

OR if they don't know yet, just say as much. It would be a courtesy to people who have stumped up hundreds of pounds weeks or even months in advance and might drive a couple of thousand of miles a year to and from home games. (A family member is collecting mine a week ahead, from wherever.)
GSB is one of the most ardent supporters of the people in charge.

I view this post as a sign that the fan base as a collective is becoming alienated from the current owners.

I've said it before, but a club of this size being run by supporter volunteers isn't practical. There's too much at stake where the fans are concerned, but the volunteers can't reasonably be expected to;

a) Run the club to the required standard without any financial reward
b) Run the club to the required standard with an insane number of directors

I sincerely hope trust ownership becomes a thing of the past in the not too distant future. If we ever find ourselves scratching around in the Conference South again then by all means give it another go - it might work at that level.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
rncfc wrote: GSB is one of the most ardent supporters of the people in charge.
I am not. I spelt it out - my default position is to give the benefit of the doubt to whoever is in charge which is not the same thing at all.

FWIW that's because they are by definition aware of factors those of us who are just observers can't be.
That’s fair enough if matters appear to be bumbling along nicely. I’m afraid that I rather belong to the group that hold a bit of scepticism especially when no rational explanations are forthcoming about reasonable questions posed by the punters. In addition , we have a local rag that fails to do its job by asking the questions for them.
As I’ve said elsewhere, Alex Tunbridge told us last winter that we would share a shop with the Dragons, have free office space at RP and take part in ticketmaster. If all that is still going ahead, then fine, just bloody well tell us. If not we need to know and we also would like to know what future the Kingsway shop has, is it a holding operation or a permanent fixture?
What happens in the absence of explanation is fans running around like headless chickens worrying about where we will be playing our football.