Re: VENUE FOR STOKE CITY GAME

I wouldn't bank on watching a game on Saturday, I have heard its likely to be yet another ' behind closed doors friendly''

The pitch at RP isn't ready for use and Newport Live want too much to stage the game so it would be a loss making exercise for the club.
Hopefully the WRU will see sense and let us use RP for the start of the new season if their is compromise from both sides in the long running ' costs issue'....Other than that we could be fooked and have to look at alternatives...
Just rumours I have heard.....from a pretty reliable source unfortunately :shock:

neilcork68 wrote:I wouldn't bank on watching a game on Saturday, I have heard its likely to be yet another ' behind closed doors friendly''

The pitch at RP isn't ready for use and Newport Live want too much to stage the game so it would be a loss making exercise for the club.
Hopefully the WRU will see sense and let us use RP for the start of the new season if their is compromise from both sides in the long running ' costs issue'....Other than that we could be fooked and have to look at alternatives...
Just rumours I have heard.....from a pretty reliable source unfortunately :shock:
..... just to clarify, for the avoidance of doubt, are you saying there is a chance we won't be ALLOWED to start the season at Rodney Parade? .....

newgroundrodney wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:I wouldn't bank on watching a game on Saturday, I have heard its likely to be yet another ' behind closed doors friendly''

..... just to clarify, for the avoidance of doubt, are you saying there is a chance we won't be ALLOWED to start the season at Rodney Parade? .....

We will start the season at Rodders, no ifs or buts about it.....

Exile 1976 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:

We will start the season at Rodders, no ifs or buts about it.....
I hope you're right Exile....cos one of you isn't

So, total bollocks then. Get another 'reliable source', maybe.