Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Warning to anyone thinking of watching: if you want to save yourself from 4 minutes of a condescending Irishman telling you what an NDA is, just google it.

It’s also very interesting that someone who claims to have been a court room lawyer, has just made the huge mistake of saying ‘how do you think Harvey Weinstein’ got away with it for so long.

Last time I checked Harvey Weinstein hasn’t been convicted of anything.

Therefore the self proclaimed legal expert has just put himself in contempt of court. What an absolute plonker!

Oh don’t put people off, it is genuine comedy gold watching these clips. I’m no fan of Stan the Man, however, the point raised by him on Weinstein was based on the powers that an NDA has and how they suppresses people from coming forward with claims, regardless of implied guilt or otherwise. Given that it’s public knowledge that these NDA’s exist he is right that that claims against him were suppressed over a long period of time due to the clauses contained within these agreements.

Amber Nation wrote:Oh don’t put people off, it is genuine comedy gold watching these clips. I’m no fan of Stan the Man, however, the point raised by him on Weinstein was based on the powers that an NDA has and how they suppresses people from coming forward with claims, regardless of implied guilt or otherwise. Given that it’s public knowledge that these NDA’s exist he is right that that claims against him were suppressed over a long period of time due to the clauses contained within these agreements.
Exactly, we all suspected that when we saw celebs taking out injunctions and super injunctions that there was a lot to hide , the trouble was with the latter that we never could find out who was hiding what without the democratic intelligence of the internet and that was sometimes difficult to find even for people with some insight.
I have no legal training barring a working knowledge of forensic pharmacy but it seems to me that if I was intent on dubious activities that I would be reaching for an NDA and a pen for someone to sign it. That excludes of course the scenario of Stan’s Special Brew cited in his vlog.

Lysaght Dancer wrote:Warning to anyone thinking of watching: if you want to save yourself from 4 minutes of a condescending Irishman telling you what an NDA is, just google it.

It’s also very interesting that someone who claims to have been a court room lawyer, has just made the huge mistake of saying ‘how do you think Harvey Weinstein’ got away with it for so long.

Last time I checked Harvey Weinstein hasn’t been convicted of anything.

Therefore the self proclaimed legal expert has just put himself in contempt of court. What an absolute plonker!
I really like watching Stans videos. He thinks that its worrying that people seem to insult him rather than talk about football. I just think your sad.

lowandhard wrote:Lysaght Dancer, “ cat on a hot tin, sorry steel, roof “ ? I’d probably not use Weinstein to defend my point of view.
I wasn’t actually defending any position. Just pointing out the self proclaimed legal eagle made a huge error with that comment.

What’s your view on the rumours that the WRU trying to force us out? If true, I would dearly love us to take them to court so we can expose them for what we are.

Maybe the Irish lawyer could represent us? Actually, scrap that....

Lysaght Dancer wrote:
lowandhard wrote:Lysaght Dancer, “ cat on a hot tin, sorry steel, roof “ ? I’d probably not use Weinstein to defend my point of view.
I wasn’t actually defending any position. Just pointing out the self proclaimed legal eagle made a huge error with that comment.

What’s your view on the rumours that the WRU trying to force us out? If true, I would dearly love us to take them to court so we can expose them for what we are.

Actually I found Taff's blog comment that the Council may be looking for a land swop with the WRU very interesting. If true, it would represent very creative thinking as it allows the WRU to make its money without having to sell RP for development, and if they wish, move the Dragons franchise to North Wales.

ButchersDog wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:How would the WRU make money from a land swap while the only rugby team taking significant revenue left town?
Flogging on the land the council give them with planning consent I suppose.
That is exactly how I would see it.
Let's face facts, the WRU are not really interested in RP as a stadium or indeed the loss making Dragon franchise.
They just saw an opportunity to make money on a very cheap land purchase, at the same time as recovering their money that was at risk with the Dragons.

Lysaght Dancer wrote:

Sorry, been out all day so only just read this. My opinion is this, I don’t believe the rumours that the WRU are trying to force us out Why on earth would they? We are paying them rent and whatever else is due under the terms of the lease which goes into their coffers. I believe that if we’re decent tenants that they’d want us to stay. For the record , neither do I believe that the Dragons will move to North Wales.

lowandhard wrote:
Lysaght Dancer wrote:

Sorry, been out all day so only just read this. My opinion is this, I don’t believe the rumours that the WRU are trying to force us out Why on earth would they? We are paying them rent and whatever else is due under the terms of the lease which goes into their coffers. I believe that if we’re decent tenants that they’d want us to stay. For the record , neither do I believe that the Dragons will move to North Wales.
Of course they're trying to squeeze out every penny, we've got nowhere else to go, but I've never heard a reasonable explanation as to why they would want to turn down our money. What have we done that's upset them so much? The Dragons are never going to be profitable, as long as they stay I see no reason why they'd want rid of us.