Re: ON A POSITIVE NOTE

flat4 wrote:At least we are still in the EFL for this season, but I do think MF is coming up short even though he is doing his best with the advice given by those around him, hopefully after this week I will have learned where we are going after a couple of meetings with interested parties, in the mean time we can only sit and look/read what is going on with our club we the fans saved from oblivion.
I for one at this stage will not be spending any more of my money until we get some answers from our EMPLOYEES.
Why do you think the directors are employees?

Lysaght Dancer wrote:
flat4 wrote:At least we are still in the EFL for this season, but I do think MF is coming up short even though he is doing his best with the advice given by those around him, hopefully after this week I will have learned where we are going after a couple of meetings with interested parties, in the mean time we can only sit and look/read what is going on with our club we the fans saved from oblivion.
I for one at this stage will not be spending any more of my money until we get some answers from our EMPLOYEES.
Why do you and all your mates waste so much time on here when the club is such a shambles?

If you have time to post on here all day long, why not make it formal and communicate with supporters properly?

rncfc wrote:
Lysaght Dancer wrote:
Why do you and all your mates waste so much time on here when the club is such a shambles?

If you have time to post on here all day long, why not make it formal and communicate with supporters properly?
No idea what you mean. I’ve made about 10 posts in a week.

On that note how come you’ve got time to post on here all day long?

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Fourthousand wrote:So is no-one is going to challenge Bush's statement that we fans were lied to. If that were the case the premise on which the Trust model was founded i.e. of transparency, openess, being inclusive to its fanbase etc etc means it was all build on sand from day one, in turn meaning the words that go with with was and is worth jack shit.

Or was this conveniently forgotten by the people involved at the time because they 'know best' and they wanted a new set of rules diametrically opposite to their actions a la Bush's accusation.

If there is no truth in Bush's accusation it needs to be called out as such.

If it is not true and he is mistaken, I still think you ought not to see the County as ring fenced from the real world in which you/we all live in. And if you can do better you know what to do (I think I will still say this if it is OK) - work through the Trust and/or get elected and help drive the changes that you want to see.
The reasons why we bought shares seem to change every time someone like you tries to point score.

I bought shares for a trust takeover I did not agree with because I was led to believe there was no other alternative. Over the years your likes continue to tell me this isn’t the case and we were never led to believe this was the only option. You are now saying it was.

I just wish people would make up their minds over why a lot of us paid money we will never see for basically nothing.

Bush wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:So is no-one is going to challenge Bush's statement that we fans were lied to. If that were the case the premise on which the Trust model was founded i.e. of transparency, openess, being inclusive to its fanbase etc etc means it was all build on sand from day one, in turn meaning the words that go with with was and is worth jack shit.

Or was this conveniently forgotten by the people involved at the time because they 'know best' and they wanted a new set of rules diametrically opposite to their actions a la Bush's accusation.

If there is no truth in Bush's accusation it needs to be called out as such.

If it is not true and he is mistaken, I still think you ought not to see the County as ring fenced from the real world in which you/we all live in. And if you can do better you know what to do (I think I will still say this if it is OK) - work through the Trust and/or get elected and help drive the changes that you want to see.
The reasons why we bought shares seem to change every time someone like you tries to point score.

I bought shares for a trust takeover I did not agree with because I was led to believe there was no other alternative. Over the years your likes continue to tell me this isn’t the case and we were never led to believe this was the only option. You are now saying it was.

I just wish people would make up their minds over why a lot of us paid money we will never see for basically nothing.
This reply makes no sense whatsover.

I am a 'normal'/average fan who paid out some money like loads of our other fans.

You come on this thread and tell me I was lied to. I ask if anyone knows if there is any truth in your accusations on this thread.

Then you accuse me of being in a particular group of fans ('your likes') and 'saying it was?'.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Again, for clarity - you told me I was lied to (about what I do not know). What was I lied to about?. Once again in case you are confusing me with someone else - Again I am an ordinary fan who took at face value what I was told and stumped up some money - what have I done so wrong.

Sorry to say it Bush (I by and large like your comments) but you are all over the place on this one.

Ps I am not picking a fight/ wantingwar of words as I did exactly what you did (put money into the Trust to buy a chunk of the club).

The words below are taken from the official Share Offer document issued by the Trust at the time.

What happens if we don’t reach the target?
If the Supporters Trust is not able to raise the required funds, we are not confident we will be able to make the Club viable and will be unable to proceed with the bid.
Any money deposited as part of this scheme will be returned to investors and the existing share structure of the Club will remain with Les Scadding holding the majority. The Trust will withdraw its positions on the Club Board which were taken up to help pave the way for the possibility of supporter ownership. We would anticipate that the Club will struggle to operate and will need to will find immediate investment to cover its cost base and current liabilities.

I have never grasped why people think the Trust was under any obligation to do anything but set out its own stall. If there were alternative bidders it was entirely down to them to do the same or for the vendor to outline their offer with their permission.

FWIW I bought shares very late because I thought the priority had become getting control out of Les Scadding's hands, much as I appreciate what he did for the club.