Re: Season tickets

chris p wrote:yeh did that, that's not the club shop in towns number? and I don't want to trek in if they wont hand them over as im picking up a few for friends....
Maybe try Jeff's mobile number as on the travel thread. He was there this morning when I collected my season ticket.

This really does underline to me the amateur nature of how our club is being run. If we open a shop in the city centre and direct people there to collect their season tickets, it beggars belief that we don't also publicise the telephone number so people can ring if they have queries.

The whole "oh, ring up Jeff on his mobile, his number is on the message board thread" stuff does not indicate a successful, professionally-run league club on the rise, does it? By the way, I'm not having a go at Jeff or the other volunteers, who are all fine folk doing sterling work. They deserve all our thanks for the hours they put in. But the fact that we're reliant on them, and on people sharing their mobile number so fans can get hold of their tickets, does reinforce the idea that we're basically a non-league side who have accidentally found ourselves in the fourth division for a few years.

It's true though.

I posted the link to the club shop website in good faith thinking the contact number on there would be up to date. The shop was opened in a blaze of publicity, season tickets are supposed to be collected from there yet there is no up to date telephone contact for queries. They also publish the office email contact address but I know from personal experience that trying to get a reply from that is very difficult.

Just so amateurish!

Excessbee: I come in peace! Not trying to hijack anything, nor am I “looking for an excuse to bash the club”. Discussions develop, I was simply commenting on the setup we have - and I think I was clear that I wasn’t attacking the volunteers who are helping (and nor am I attacking you for trying to help).

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Excessbee: I come in peace! Not trying to hijack anything, nor am I “looking for an excuse to bash the club”. Discussions develop, I was simply commenting on the setup we have - and I think I was clear that I wasn’t attacking the volunteers who are helping (and nor am I attacking you for trying to help).
Okey dokey. :lol:

County Exile wrote:Ticket arrived in post this morning. :cheers:

I wonder whether the new style plastic card with no season date shown, maybe an indication that we wont be issuing new plastic cards every year to renewals, but only new applicants.
There are a few clubs that do this and it cuts right down on new cards, postage, collections & queues.
I think it's a good idea and may even pave the way for 'Ticket for Life' scheme since the physical card itself displays no end date.
Unless it's on the reverse side of the card of course.

I emailed the Club as instructed about collection, and received a prompt reply asking for my address so the tickets could be posted, however I thought those details were on the application form.
Postage costs seem an unnecessary expense to me as surely a collection in the marquee could have been arranged.