Re: Season tickets

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:I emailed the Club as instructed about collection, and received a prompt reply asking for my address so the tickets could be posted, however I thought those details were on the application form.
Postage costs seem an unnecessary expense to me as surely a collection in the marquee could have been arranged.
It could get very messy - what if Marky and Mark-oh are in the marquee ?

butlinsamber wrote:I would just like to say how professional and helpful Polly who works in the office has been sorting out my season ticket.
I like to echo this statement she has been brilliant and our 3 season tickets myself and my to boys are being delivered by 1st team players to the house Thursday my boys will love it well done to all involved make the kids happy as they are our future

stevie83 wrote:
butlinsamber wrote:I would just like to say how professional and helpful Polly who works in the office has been sorting out my season ticket.
I like to echo this statement she has been brilliant and our 3 season tickets myself and my to boys are being delivered by 1st team players to the house Thursday my boys will love it well done to all involved make the kids happy as they are our future

That's really great to read. It's right to praise where needed and it's completely the opposite of your original post. Your boys will be thrilled. As an experience you can't buy that!
Well done to the Club on this one fair play.

stevie83 wrote:
Now THAT is a nice touch !!
Well done whoever has arranged that

newgroundrodney wrote:
stevie83 wrote:

That's really great to read. It's right to praise where needed and it's completely the opposite of your original post. Your boys will be thrilled. As an experience you can't buy that!
Well done to the Club on this one fair play.
In fairness I love the club beyond I could describe I was angry we didn't perform or even looked like matching them Matt and marsh brown were awful and if that's what we got to look forward to seeing week in week out will be a long season but now I've calmed down I will be there every week home and away

Picked my Season Ticket up today. All went smoothly.
Observations regarding the shop: There was an 'A' frame sign outside the door, showing the shop is open. Trade / browsing appeared lively. Stock looked somewhat sparse, and not clear as to whether all sizes were available on request. Some of the items look really nice in fairness. I liked the rain coats but I've not yet decided whether they're good value at the price. Some items the prices weren't clear enough to attract attention.
When a customer makes a 'positive interested action' ie, picking up a garment, having to search for the price can cost you a sale. A retail training company in the 80's taught me that, and they were from Newport so it must be right!
Overall an OK visit, but more range, and better display required.

I just hope we have a sales outlet somewhere at the stadium on a matchday, not just in town.

newgroundrodney wrote:Picked my Season Ticket up today. All went smoothly.
Observations regarding the shop: There was an 'A' frame sign outside the door, showing the shop is open. Trade / browsing appeared lively. Stock looked somewhat sparse, and not clear as to whether all sizes were available on request. Some of the items look really nice in fairness. I liked the rain coats but I've not yet decided whether they're good value at the price. Some items the prices weren't clear enough to attract attention.
When a customer makes a 'positive interested action' ie, picking up a garment, having to search for the price can cost you a sale. A retail training company in the 80's taught me that, and they were from Newport so it must be right!

I just hope we have a sales outlet somewhere at the stadium on a matchday, not just in town.
How did the people running the shop respond when you made these points to them?

Amberexile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Picked my Season Ticket up today. All went smoothly.

How did the people running the shop respond when you made these points to them?
.....and that is what you call an 'assumptive close'..... no, I never said anything during my visit because they were quite busy, and they read the messageboard anyway. As I've stated previously, retail premises are usually given the once over before opening. So it's really down to the shop manager to pick up on. In my assessment, I made 14 comments, 6 positive, 6 negative & 2 neutral. So it's by no means acomplaint, though some may read it as such, it's not.
I would no more tell them how to dress the store than I would Debenhams, but that's not the point because someone obviously OK's its' appearance.
I'll stop now, before the observation starts to look like a complaint.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote: ...before the observation starts to look like a complaint.
I think you are a bit late for that.
That's just in your opinion. Anyone who visits the store may see that my "complaint" is actually a fair assessment.
Maybe if you had made your complaint direct to the people running the shop while you were there I could agree with you