Re: ivy bush

Barnabas wrote:It would also mean that any losses are ours too ...

Yesterday there was a report on the BBC news about the fact that 18 pubs are closing every week in the UK, as they are so difficult to make a profit from.
Yes but it’s not gonna be open every day.

Bush wrote:

Yesterday there was a report on the BBC news about the fact that 18 pubs are closing every week in the UK, as they are so difficult to make a profit from.
Why not, we could run the shop and ticket office from there also, thus reducing overheads else where, that is of course that it get`s announced officially.

flat4 wrote:
Bush wrote:

Why not, we could run the shop and ticket office from there also, thus reducing overheads else where, that is of course that it get`s announced officially.
Yes, I don't know why I'm worrying really. I'm sure the financial experts at the club have taken everything into account, and this will be a wonderful financial success like everything else they have put their mind to.

Dave Barton is giving the club a fantastic deal for first 6 months , it's up to us to make it work guys ,this cd be a profitable venture for the football club . I get the hospitality and 100 club bars will be open over RP and fans / punters will use them , but imo we sd say the WRU that we don't need the tent on match days why not use our pub and give profit s to our club not line there pockets , it's a cost we don't to be paying now .

We'd still need the Marquee as a meeting place for school groups etc...sometimes there are dozens in there mostly kids.

The new bar would need to at least match the Dodger in terms of busyness on a matchday.
Food is where the money is if we get it right. Meet the manager meals must definitely be held there and nowhere else.

This seems like a very good idea to me and even better if getting a good deal on the rent, I think it would be great to sell tickets from there on match day. Can not believe that yet again someone is being negative about this suggesting it is doomed to fail before it has even opened. Good luck and UTC.

Valleyboy1980 wrote:This seems like a very good idea to me and even better if getting a good deal on the rent, I think it would be great to sell tickets from there on match day. Can not believe that yet again someone is being negative about this suggesting it is doomed to fail before it has even opened. Good luck and UTC.
Exactly, though not quite sure its big enough to hold meet the manager evenings as suggested I'll be there Saturday

Big dilemma for Chris Silverthorne this. Earlier this week on FB he was encouraging everyone to boycott RP and drink in the Scrum Half because the owner gave money to the club and to his Amber Army group.
Will we now be urged to move from the Scrum Half to the Ivy Bush or do we boycott our own boozer.

I will be in the ivy that's for sure anything that's helps the club can't we get a football card involved like they do on the buses £50 club £50 winner £50 every game home and away £2250 to the club every season every little helps