Re: TNS champions league

UPTHEPORT wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Barnabas wrote:The New Saints' prize money for this season in Europe has now topped 1 million euros as a result of their aggregate victory last week.
This Thursday evening they play the Danish champions in the 3rd qualifying round, at Cardiff City stadium, 7.45pm. Only £5 to get in.

Why is it being played so far away in Cardiff? I don't understand how it works, but purely on the surface, you'd think the Danish champions would be a bit better than a 3rd Qual Round.
At £5 a ticket, in such a massive stadium, wont the costs outweigh the receipts?
Because TNS ground isn't up to UEFA standards from 3rd QR onwards
And neither does Wrexham's apparently, which they've used before. At least they've not used the Millennium this time. :lol:

Last time I looked, they'd only opened one stand. So if the FAW is subsidising it, there can't be much of a cost.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Barnabas wrote:The New Saints' prize money for this season in Europe has now topped 1 million euros as a result of their aggregate victory last week.
This Thursday evening they play the Danish champions in the 3rd qualifying round, at Cardiff City stadium, 7.45pm. Only £5 to get in.

Why is it being played so far away in Cardiff? I don't understand how it works, but purely on the surface, you'd think the Danish champions would be a bit better than a 3rd Qual Round.
At £5 a ticket, in such a massive stadium, wont the costs outweigh the receipts?
There are some good clubs playing in this round. From Britain there are Burnley, Hibernian and Rangers. Notable foreign teams include Atalanta, Feyenoord and Basel.

The only stand open was the one the cameras are in and there were only glimpses of it in the 15 minutes or so I watched. It looked like only a couple of hundred there.

https://welsh-premier.com/ has closed down within the last week or so.

TNS-related news here, a row with their council over whether £80k in funding was a grant or a loan. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... e-44879288
Last edited by George Street-Bridge on August 10th, 2018, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.