Chessmen

I see that they have the Weekend Offender "Newport" tshirts on sale in their shop down at Newport Retail Park and are promoting them for the start of the new football season .
I know we now have our pop up shop in Kingsway , but I wonder if it would work to maybe approach Chessmen about selling some of our shirts and other clothing from their premises as well ? Aren't they one of our Commercial Partners this season ?

Just a thought ......

Re: Chessmen

Ashurstheros wrote:They are already selling the home & away shirts and you need to order the weekend offender shirt by 18.00 hrs tomorrow
Didn't realise they are selling the home and away shirts already ? That's good to hear .

I think we could also make more of the "Neal Heard" connection ?
His hats and scarves seemed to sell like hot cakes last season , but when the shop sold out , they told me that we wouldn't be getting any more in ?
A missed oppurtunity imo ?

Kevin Ward wrote:This is already set up. Chessmen will be selling home & away shirts soon. We’re just waiting on some new stock, and we’ll publicise when it’s in.

Cheers
Kev Ward
Good news indeed !
I didn't realise this at all until tonight . Maybe if we put it out there on the website word might get around a bit quicker ?

Cloud be the start of a good relationship between both businesses .

Kevin Ward wrote:Hi

We haven’t publicised it yet because the shirts aren’t on sale at Chessmen yet. As soon as they are, it’ll be publicised.

Cheers
Kev Ward
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the communication. It is good to see, (however, to be honest I don't even know where Chessmen is. :grin: )

On this tack, is there anything else that you can communicate to us please? If your hands are tied, then..........I'll understand but as an Exile I would like some further form of official communication about club matters. Thanks.

pembsexile wrote:

We haven’t publicised it yet because the shirts aren’t on sale at Chessmen yet. As soon as they are, it’ll be publicised.

Cheers
Kev Ward
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the communication. It is good to see, (however, to be honest I don't even know where Chessmen is. :grin: )

On this tack, is there anything else that you can communicate to us please? If your hands are tied, then..........I'll understand but as an Exile I would like some further form of official communication about club matters. Thanks.
Hi Pembs

As you’d expect from my previous career and the business I now run, I want our communication to be as good as it can be. I don’t think any member of the Trust board has a different view.

As soon as we’re in a position to release information - transfers, ticketing, season tickets, club shop etc - then we do so.

What we can’t do is release information that could be detrimental to the club - and that’s one of the basic duties of any company director, nothing to do with non-existent NDAs (I’ve never been asked to sign one since I was elected) - or respond to every rumour on social media.

Cheers
Kev Ward

Kevin Ward wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Cheers
Kev Ward
Hi Kevin,

Hi Pembs

As you’d expect from my previous career and the business I now run, I want our communication to be as good as it can be. I don’t think any member of the Trust board has a different view.

As soon as we’re in a position to release information - transfers, ticketing, season tickets, club shop etc - then we do so.

What we can’t do is release information that could be detrimental to the club - and that’s one of the basic duties of any company director, nothing to do with non-existent NDAs (I’ve never been asked to sign one since I was elected) - or respond to every rumour on social media.

Cheers
Kev Ward

Thanks for that. Has clarified a number of things for me.

AT LAST !!!!
Someone has started talking some sense .
Thankyou Kevin Ward

I think all it takes sometimes is some sort of official statement from The Club , along the lines of what Kev has just posted , to at least explain a lot of the silence .
In that one little statement , he has explained the reasons for the BOD not wishing to answer to a lot of the rumours out there at the moment .

Now , if The Club were to issue a similar statement on the Official Website/Twitter etc , at least it would show that fans' concerns are not being completely ignored .