Re: ivy bush

I put this question on here to see if we could all get a response as to what the hell is going on, if you think it`s inappropriate then so be it, as i see on another post it is the Trust ( of which I am a fully paid up member and community share holder #1552 ) that has instigated this project, for this I applaud all those concerned for their efforts, but should they have not first come to the members with this suggestion to discuss access rights ie non-members because as far as I can see as per Trust Rules and Procedures on our web site (which need updating to comply legally) this would be deemed a private members club.
There are plenty of other parties out there that would like to see this fail because of the potential impact on their business.

John Davies

pembsexile wrote:Just an observation/comment and I thought that this was the best thread to put it on. A few days ago I thought I understood all the new arrangements regarding ticketing, hospitality and shop etc. The counter views on this thread have confused me again.

As an Exile who uses this mb to get 95/99% of his information about the County this is very frustrating. You guys/girls who live close to RP can get to see what is happening at close range before the County play their first game. Lucky you.

Unfortunately I am getting slightly disillusioned regarding all things County before the home part of the season has even started. I was really looking forward to this season a month or so ago, I just hope the spark returns. So bloody sad.

Open comment to the Board - Why on earth don't you issue some sort of statement to put to rest all the rumours, counter rumours, quotes from the club etc once and for all. I just do not think that it is too much to ask.

Please, no-one suggest I contact the Board myself - that is a waste of time on my part. On the times I have e-mailed them previously I have never had a reply so I won't be bothering contacting them on this issue.
100% agree with your sentiment.

"Your Club,Your Trust"
Or "Your Club Your Trust?"

We don't know whether it'll only be open to Trust members, but if it is, then so be it. Maybe it'll encourage a few more to join. If they pay £10 a year and it allows them access to 23 home games (not incl cup games) that works out at 44p a game......we used to pay 50p to get in to Bar Amber as a non-member.
Whether the old bill will designate it as 'home fans only' I don't know, but this is not unique. At this point I have to mention that up at QPR, in the area around the ground, almost every pub is members only, and none are allocated to away fans, though some are 'away fan friendly' a little further away from Loftus Rd.
If the Ivy Bush, being effectively the new 'Bar Amber' , run by the Trust, decide to make it Trust members only, then I have no problem with that.
There are only so many fans to go around on a matchday. The Dodger always seems to have every table reserved, and very busy, so another outlet, especially one that's 'County-specific' will surely be welcomed, even if, and I stress if, you have to join the Trust to get in. Being a Trust member may give you some important voting rights. Voting rights you may be glad of fairly soon.

PMG wrote: It was the WRU’s decision to put in a hybrid only because they weren’t capable of maintaining the exiting one
Their choice not ours They wanted something easy to maintain Can’t blame them but why should we pay for their incompetence
Whether it was by design or accident, it's a good job they did. The League changed its rules this summer and groundshares are now required to have a hybrid pitch, with existing members given a year's grace to install one. We wound up ahead of the game.

daftasfxxx wrote:This is how stupid rumours start, where in Stans post did it mention a members only club, stop speculating it's open to all
The gentleman above who identified himself as 'John Davies' raised the point as to whether it would be only open to Trust members, since in his words, it would 'be deemed a Private Members' Club'..... so I discussed whether that would be such a bad thing if, and I stressed IF it was...
Discussion, not speculation.

newgroundrodney wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:This is how stupid rumours start, where in Stans post did it mention a members only club, stop speculating it's open to all
The gentleman above who identified himself as 'John Davies' raised the point as to whether it would be only open to Trust members, since in his words, it would 'be deemed a Private Members' Club'..... so I discussed whether that would be such a bad thing if, and I stressed IF it was...
Discussion, not speculation.
I'm in agreement with your thoughts of being for trust members only. Afterall 1000+ members, be a tight squeeze in the Bush