Re: TODAY`S VISIT TO RODNEY PARADE

lowandhard wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
lowandhard wrote:That’s the thing see newgroundrodney , fans are expected to be clairvoyant now as well!

I fairness Kevin Ward has been on here and said there would be tickets on sale same place as last season
Yes I know but how many people read this board? I think ngr is talking about an official communication mate

Mike where has anything official said ther wouldnt be its only rumours on here and other social media that has said there wont

The board remember are only volunteers and havent got time to answer all rumours

ORDER OF EVENTS

10.00am - Ticket Office at Rodney Parade/ Club Shop at Kingsway open

Midday - Marquee opens

Midday - Disabled Supporters Association arrive to assist supporters.

12.30pm - Rodney Parade & Maindee School Car Parks open (Car parks close at 2.00pm & 2.15pm respectively)

1.00pm – Newport City Radio Saturday Warm-Up

1.00pm – Hospitality opens

1.30pm - Programmes and Half Time Draw Tickets on sale

1.30pm - Turnstiles open

2.00pm - Here to Help Volunteers available to assist supporters.

2.00pm - Teams are announced.

2.15pm - Teams come out to warm up.

3.00pm - Kick Off vs Crewe Alexandra
Just posted on club website. Again no mention of shop sales at the ground on matchday. Not ideal for non-locals who are only in Newport on matchdays and don't feel inclined to trek into town after a long journey. The only other option is online purchases but then there is postage to pay plus the 10% season ticket holder discount is only given on shop / not online purchases.

County Exile wrote:
ORDER OF EVENTS

10.00am - Ticket Office at Rodney Parade/ Club Shop at Kingsway open

Midday - Marquee opens

Midday - Disabled Supporters Association arrive to assist supporters.

12.30pm - Rodney Parade & Maindee School Car Parks open (Car parks close at 2.00pm & 2.15pm respectively)

1.00pm – Newport City Radio Saturday Warm-Up

1.00pm – Hospitality opens

1.30pm - Programmes and Half Time Draw Tickets on sale

1.30pm - Turnstiles open

2.00pm - Here to Help Volunteers available to assist supporters.

2.00pm - Teams are announced.

2.15pm - Teams come out to warm up.

3.00pm - Kick Off vs Crewe Alexandra
Just posted on club website. Again no mention of shop sales at the ground on matchday. Not ideal for non-locals who are only in Newport on matchdays and don't feel inclined to trek into town after a long journey. The only other option is online purchases but then there is postage to pay plus the 10% season ticket holder discount is only given on shop / not online purchases.

There's nothing quite like buying your new shirt at the ground, with the sound of matchday building up in the background, sound of the tannoy announcements, and you're slightly keeping one eye on your watch so's not to miss the kick off. It's called matchday atmosphere. I just think it's a shame if we have to lose that.

Quite enjoyed buying mine from Kingsway before the Hereford match tbh. And the third kit was collected by a mate and hand delivered to my house, which was also awesome.

If I was in Newport and begrudging walking half a mile from Rodney Parade to the shop in Kingsway I'd be a pretty crappy fan. 10 minute walk at most.

FWIW bought the shirt for my Premier League lot at the ground, will be buying the pointless third kit at their store in the main shopping centre in the city - having both is more convenient for fans, whether County can justify splitting the volunteers though...

SJG99 wrote:Quite enjoyed buying mine from Kingsway before the Hereford match tbh. And the third kit was collected by a mate and hand delivered to my house, which was also awesome.

If I was in Newport and begrudging walking half a mile from Rodney Parade to the shop in Kingsway I'd be a pretty crappy fan. 10 minute walk at most.

FWIW bought the shirt for my Premier League lot at the ground, will be buying the pointless third kit at their store in the main shopping centre in the city - having both is more convenient for fans, whether County can justify splitting the volunteers though...

It should be as well as, not INSTEAD of....
Why do you think the rugby have done theirs?
If I couldnt see that having no retail sales at the stadium on the day of the game is not good I'd be a pretty crap fan.

It's a pain, but we don't own the ground, so what can we do? If the WRU are refusing us space to set up a club shop at Rodney, we have to find somewhere else. There's always the option to order from the online shop and get your kit delivered if you can't walk the 10 minutes to Kingsway.

If I'm right, Coventry don't have any merchandise on sale at the Ricoh and their club shop is a 10 minute walk into the shopping centre next to it. And they're a much bigger club than we are.

newgroundrodney wrote:
SJG99 wrote:Quite enjoyed buying mine from Kingsway before the Hereford match tbh. And the third kit was collected by a mate and hand delivered to my house, which was also awesome.

It should be as well as, not INSTEAD of....
Why do you think the rugby have done theirs?
If I couldnt see that having no retail sales at the stadium on the day of the game is not good I'd be a pretty crap fan.
I agree it should be both - if we can spare the volunteers to run it. But I'm not hugely bothered if we can't get a presence at RP - there are bound to be some pretty cheap locations in Clarence Place going too. I suppose it depends on the likelihood of impulse buys on matchdays. Personally I always plan, but I'm not in Newport so I would.

What’s wrong with a trailer ? A sort of large burger van type of thing kitted out to sell merchandise and tickets, it’s mobile so can be towed anywhere, we pay for the car park area of RP on match days plus we wouldn’t have to pay additional rent for a shop/ticket office to the WRU.
If the WRU try to play funny buggers over it park it out in the street or do a deal with the POD and park it in their car park.

Newportonian wrote:What’s wrong with a trailer ? A sort of large burger van type of thing kitted out to sell merchandise and tickets, it’s mobile so can be towed anywhere, we pay for the car park area of RP on match days plus we wouldn’t have to pay additional rent for a shop/ticket office to the WRU.
If the WRU try to play funny buggers over it park it out in the street or do a deal with the POD and park it in their car park.
That's a good idea. Or a portakabin within the stadium footprint....cos here's what I'm struggling to understand: people who have read our lease say that we are "contractually allowed" to sell merchandise from a Club Shop at the stadium.
So are we, or aren't we?.... and if so, why are we not doing so?

newgroundrodney wrote:
Newportonian wrote:What’s wrong with a trailer ? A sort of large burger van type of thing kitted out to sell merchandise and tickets, it’s mobile so can be towed anywhere, we pay for the car park area of RP on match days plus we wouldn’t have to pay additional rent for a shop/ticket office to the WRU.
That's a good idea. Or a portakabin within the stadium footprint....cos here's what I'm struggling to understand: people who have read our lease say that we are "contractually allowed" to sell merchandise from a Club Shop at the stadium.
So are we, or aren't we?.... and if so, why are we not doing so?
I think these words are pretty clear-cut -

Operating the club shop for the sale by retail of the promotional branded and other products of the Club NCAFC and others.

Why we are not doing so I can only guess at. It may be that the Dragons haven't launched the shop yet and things will be different next match but if not, my guess would be that we are trying to negotiate various changes to the agreement with the WRU and we are trying to assess whether having a shop in town rather than at the ground has a positive or negative impact on sales?