Re: What do you think the WRU are trying to do to Newport Co

The Newport wrote:I think Newport County should hold on and try to stay at Rodney Parade for as long as possible.
Newport County will benefit in the long run. Let's make it as hard as possible for the WRU to sell the ground. Hopefully Newport City Council will step in and buy Rodney Parade from them.

How much did the WRU Pay For Rodney Parade?
Way below market value.It was a stitch up of NRFC.

Loyalfoot wrote:We need to stop these rumours without fact or detail.
It was only a few weeks ago people saying we are locked out we won't be allowed to play at Rodney again all rubbish rumours that un settle our situation.

It's the lack of information that causes concern, or as you like to call it rumours. Now, I know NDAs may be in place, but there must be SOMETHING we can be told. It can't ALL be top secret. Indeed Kevin Ward has said that he has not been asked to sign any NDA, so that being the case, one wonders whether Rob Santwris would have had to since he was part of the same intake. So why can't we be told what's going on UP TO A POINT.....?

The Newport wrote:I did a little bit of research and during my research and speaking to people via the emails and other means. My sources are telling me that they are hoping to sell the ground after 2020 and make a profit. So in order to do that they don't want sitting tenants. Otherwise it would quite difficult to sell the ground if Newport County are still there. I don't know how true this is.
If that's the case, whats happening to The Dragons and Newport Rugby Club?

Cornish Exile wrote:
The Newport wrote:I did a little bit of research and during my research and speaking to people via the emails and other means. My sources are telling me that they are hoping to sell the ground after 2020 and make a profit. So in order to do that they don't want sitting tenants. Otherwise it would quite difficult to sell the ground if Newport County are still there. I don't know how true this is.

What was it the WRU said to Newport Rugby Club?
Answer: Whilst there's a professional Rugby Club at Rodney Parade ("The Dragons ") you can play at Rodney Parade rent free.

Where do you think they will go?
There's only one place for them to go. A place where there's no professional team. It begins with.
Nearly gave the place a way then. Have a good think about it I'm sure you already know.

Do you really think that the WRU care about what happens to Newport Rugby Club. I'm 100 Percent sure that they don't give two monkeys what happens to them.

The WRU got what they really wanted and that's Rodney Parade. The WRU have always been the same. They will never change. Here's something else for you to think about I understand that they are buying a Rugby ground in Cardiff between £14,000,000 and £20,000,000. How much do you think both ground would be worth if they sold them for housing or retail? Let's see the one Cardiff I would guess about £25,000,000 and I guess about £9,000,000 to £12,000,000 for Newport, that really good profit don't you think.
Last edited by The Newport on August 11th, 2018, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Newport wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:

What was it the WRU said to Newport Rugby Club?
Answer: Whilst there's a professional Rugby Club at Rodney Parade ("The Dragons ") you can play at Rodney Parade rent free.

Where do you think they will go?
There's only one place for them to go. A place where there's no professional team. It begins with.
Nearly gave the place a way then. Have a good think about it I'm sure you already know.

Have you signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement?