Re: Favourite Non League Grounds

Didn't see Newport at all that many non-league grounds, but Maidenhead was nice (even if the match did get abandoned because of torrential rain!), and had a pleasantly rowdy clubhouse. Hereford is also great - a proper old-fashioned ground capable of generating a good atmosphere. And a word for Bath as well, which falls into the same category and had some very friendly fans.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Didn't see Newport at all that many non-league grounds, but Maidenhead was nice (even if the match did get abandoned because of torrential rain!), and had a pleasantly rowdy clubhouse. Hereford is also great - a proper old-fashioned ground capable of generating a good atmosphere. And a word for Bath as well, which falls into the same category and had some very friendly fans.
Yeah but was it safe to take the kids

Good Afternoon!

Possibly not so many to choose from as some as my renewed acquaintance with the club didn’t start until Conference South days.
For me it’s more about a bigger experience than just the match.
For this reason Fleetwood was special. A really nice ground, couple of nights in a lovely B and B in Blackpool, and to ride up to the ground on a tram was a bit different too!
I think we had a surprising 4-1 victory that night?
Another memorable occasion was being able to take my elderly parents to see Newport play for the first time. It was First game of the season against Kettering at Rushdens Nene Park.
We had a pre match hospitality meal and met the new manager, a Mr Hudson.
My Dad is now suffering from Dementia but enjoys watching football on TV. It will remain the last live game they both attended. (Both in 90’s now)
Also, was it Alfreton which had a proper chip shop in the ground? That was nice on a cold and wet night I recall!

Phil in Npton