Re: Grandstand: Forest Green Rovers (Away)

Thoroughly enjoyed the game today, and whilst we didn't end their unbeaten sequence, was proud of our once again resilient effort, and deserved result in front of a Great away following!
Also very pleased to see the progress of Semeneyo, and Bakinson, who are ever improving in senior football, as proven on occasion today! Robbie Wilmott also had a very good first half moreover in setting up Padraig Amonds' great strike for the equaliser....Jamille Matt as already mentioned in a previous thread is proving Flynny's judgement right.....Get's better by the week. No overly disappointing performances in Amber pleased to say!
For fear of repeating myself.......
COME ON 'U MIGHTY PORT.......

It must be said, the referee had a good game yesterday. He let some robust but fair challenges go and early on, set the tone when Hills? their left sided defender squealed like a baby in a challenge. The game continued and he got up and ran back to join the defence........ however.... the penalty........ was the ball going into the goal? If it was, and I'm not sure, should Reid have been sent off? I may have answered my own question (it wasn't, so only a yellow card). I actually thought that there was a much clearer handball about ten seconds before the one that was given.

Percy plunkett wrote:I was surprised with the 433 formation and it didn't suit us.Forbes was left isolated as Willmott didn't help him.It cost us with the goal and we got away with it with the one that hit the post.Semenyo isn't really a wide man and is being wasted there.352 is better away I feel.Harris came on too late to make a difference.
Totally agree Percy. A lot of fans were having a go at Forbes but Wilmott was often out of position. 4-4-2 would've worked better.