Re: One of the worst referees I've seen in my life

pembsexile wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:II cannot imagine why the media expect a rational discussion with a manager immediately after the game has ended.

Presumably, that's why they do it.
The is nothing 'presumably' about it. They do it for effect. Conflict, contrast, it gives the media something to report and it sells.

Whether you like him or not is irrelevant, but look at the crap and 'column inches' given to the Jose Mourinho story over the past few weeks. It is in the media best interests to create and report on it. The thing I object to is that it is portrayed as honest journalism when what they are really doing is treating fans as bloody idiots.
Flynn talking to the press in an emotional state seconds after the game is totally different to Mourinho who goes out of his way to antogonise ,hence the 8.00am press conference.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:II cannot imagine why the media expect a rational discussion with a manager immediately after the game has ended.

Presumably, that's why they do it.
The is nothing 'presumably' about it. They do it for effect. Conflict, contrast, it gives the media something to report and it sells.

Whether you like him or not is irrelevant, but look at the crap and 'column inches' given to the Jose Mourinho story over the past few weeks. It is in the media best interests to create and report on it. The thing I object to is that it is portrayed as honest journalism when what they are really doing is treating fans as bloody idiots.
Flynn talking to the press in an emotional state seconds after the game is totally different to Mourinho who goes out of his way to antogonise ,hence the 8.00am press conference.
I wasn't making a comparison between MF and Mourinho. Merely suggesting that the media like to create conflict if possible and then sell it to the masses as honest journalism. It's deceit and it stinks.

It is completely irrelevant as to whether any press conference is at 8am or 8pm. If they can stir it up they will. For the record, I don't blame MF at all for his comments after the midweek game. The man has passion and commitment and he was speaking 'off the cuff'. The only difference is that unfortunately MF played into the media's hands whereas Mourinho was just doing what Jose does.

Amberexile wrote:All of the referees I know and have worked with in the past take far more notice of self-criticism and criticism from their team (assistants, 4th official, assessor) than they do of managers, players, supporters etc.

I don't know of a single referee who hasn't at some point after a poor performance thrown his kit bag down and declared that he's giving it up on getting home from a poor performance, not because he's taken some abuse but because he is so annoyed that he could be so inept. Most go out the following weekend determined to do better and usually do.

Kettle will know he had a poor game, he will have told himself this and will have been told by his team and assessor on the night. The next time he referees either team he will be determined to put in a better performance without harbouring petty grievances. Whether he is capable of a better performance is another question.
Here's your answer
http://www.giraffe.arvixe.com/~iomkeith ... =1&t=23957