Re: Ref yesterday

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Had a decent game wasnt whistle happy let the game flow

8 from me
I agree, but you should listen to Cooper’s post match interview as he is highly critical of the Ref’s performance. Clearly he hasn’t experienced Mr Kettle yet,

Its very rare you get both managers happy as a Ref

I read that he has done mostly Championship games this year and it showed.They went down looking for fouls and he ignored them whereas L2 refs would have given them.I did think he made a mistake with the pen,it looked like chest at the time and it still does on the video.

Percy plunkett wrote:I read that he has done mostly Championship games this year and it showed.They went down looking for fouls and he ignored them whereas L2 refs would have given them.I did think he made a mistake with the pen,it looked like chest at the time and it still does on the video.
But another player handled the ball 5 seconds before so it would've still been a pen.

girl saturday wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Had a decent game wasnt whistle happy let the game flow

8 from me
Totally agree Jim, makes a refreshing change when they let it flow and ignore the winging, similar to the Ref at Tranmere recently.

cant see any quotes off MF in the press saying the ref had a good game . Quick enough to criticise but where is the praise ?

( batton down the hatches Neil that will upset the usual suspects :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

girl saturday wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:The referee did no more, no less than he should have done so why would Flynn mention that? Kettle on the other hand was an utter shite stain and should have been called out on his awful performance......imo.
If we stick by that pretext, why do we praise players when they have a good game?

I don't think we do really, only those that stand out, for example, numerous players had 'good' games v FGR but only 3/4 been mentioned on here because they stood out. Besides, personally because the players are entertaining me with goals, passes, flicks & tricks, tackles etc I'm interested.... However, a referee? Unless he makes really bad decisions he doesn't interest me in the slightest ....
Fwiw fans (some managers even) also criticise players when they've had a noticably bad game too