20th Oct & 23rd Oct

Probably sad for me to notice but ........... I'll be going to the Bury away game on 23rd October .... the County will have played away at Crawley on the 20th Oct whereas Bury will have been at home to Notts County on 20th Oct.

Now, for me, it is easier to play two home games with a 2 day break in between than 2 away games.

In fact all Div 1 and Div 2 sides playing on 20th and 23rd Oct either play two games at home or play 2 games away.

Any thoughts?

Re: 20th Oct & 23rd Oct

I can only suggest that in some way the EFL are trying to even things out. If you look at the L2 fixtures for December you will notice that all teams have a game on Boxing Day and then again on the 29th. Each team plays either two games at home or two away over the Christmas period. We have two home games. I know which situation I would prefer.

I haven't checked but the same thing probably happens over Easter as well, i.e. two home games or two away games. This will probably be reciprocated by two home or away games sometime in Feb. As I have said this second bit is a suggestion and no doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong. The Oct/Dec situation is a fact though.