Re: Youth kicked out of FAW Cup

Top admin. Interesting to note that no-one has actually reported what the rule breach was.

Given that they won 13-0 you'd think there was a bit of leeway for making sure the team was within the rules... Guessing it was some rule we didn't think applied to us or didn't know about (international clearance? a competition only our youth side plays in which changes eligibility?) - which is no excuse.

Oh yes they are... so...

http://www.faw.cymru/files/5715/3692/19 ... 8-2019.pdf (warning, PDF)

FAW Youth Cup Rule 24 says "Rules governing Competition
The Rules to be observed in the Competition shall be those of The Football Association of
Wales" which means absolutely nothing of any worth...

and FAW Rule 55, which is now the only rule which actually has any specific meaning...
http://www.faw.cymru/files/3615/3304/89 ... 8-2019.pdf
(warning, another PDF!)

says... "55. The following Players must be registered with the Association:-
55.1 any Player ten (10) years or over; and
55.2 any Player who will reach ten (10) years of age during the Playing Season.
Only such registered Players are eligible to participate in Official Matches. "

Sooooo, pretty simple, we didn't register two players. At all.

Bearing in mind this is the same competition where Ynysddu Welfare managed to field a team of players despite not actually having a youth team https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45585472. Maybe we should get their admin to do ours...

wattsville_boy wrote:Lets all support Ynysddu Welfare instead.

I think their inclusion in a competition they hadn't applied to be in (because they have no youth team) is an indictment of how the FAW runs the game.

But still piss-poor from County...
Too late now, having beaten Briton Ferry Llansawel on penalties in the first round they lost 2-0 to Llanelli in the second round earlier today.

The reinstated Garden Village lost at home to Trefelin Boys and Girls Club aet.

Oh and Cardiff City won 17-0.

County#9 wrote:Two people to blame Dan Benham who has since resigned and Byron Anthony who has since gone on the sick . The pair are totally clueless and no idea how to run an academy . Coaches leaving left right and centre because of the way it's run .
Let’s blame a bloke for leaving (with no indication from the club on this), and another one for being sick? Not like there’s other people at the club like the club secretary? You think that they would manage both our first team and our youth team seeing we haven’t got many players like the Prem clubs...

neilcork68 wrote:Whilst not knowing any facts about what has happened or accusing anyone there must be one , two perhaps three people who must be held accountable for such a glaring mistake ?
I hope it hasn't been swept under the carpet and is being investigated by the club so such a 'silly basic mistake' doesn't happen again.
Of course it may be a complete coincidence, but I would hazard a guess that since one has immediately resigned and another has instantly gone on the sick that questions are indeed being asked.

County#9 wrote:Two people to blame Dan Benham who has since resigned and Byron Anthony who has since gone on the sick . The pair are totally clueless and no idea how to run an academy . Coaches leaving left right and centre because of the way it's run .
Personally think that criticism is OTT and uncalled for. I'm a coach within the County youth set-up & have been really impressed with everything those 2 guys do for the club. Far higher level of professionalism than I saw when I held a similar coaching post at a local pro club who play at a much higher level.

We've got superb facilities, kits, equipment and a good programme of training and matches for all our junior players, something I never saw when with 'that other club'.

Benno and Byron are well-respected throughout the academy world and doing their best at a relatively small club with scarce resources.

The issue behind getting expelled from this youth club is likely to have been an oversight at club secretary level I would guess. Byron and Benno work long hours overseeing all the academy and shadow academy sides so I doubt if registering teams fell within their remit.

We can't always get everything right and having a few disgruntled players & parents is inevitable, but there's no doubt that the 'community club ethos' runs throughout our youth set-up. The suggestion that our coaches are leaving in numbers is exaggerated.

Dee

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Personally think that criticism is OTT and uncalled for. I'm a coach within the County youth set-up & have been really impressed with everything those 2 guys do for the club. Far higher level of professionalism than I saw when I held a similar coaching post at a local pro club who play at a much higher level.

We've got superb facilities, kits, equipment and a good programme of training and matches for all our junior players, something I never saw when with 'that other club'.

Benno and Byron are well-respected throughout the academy world and doing their best at a relatively small club with scarce resources.

The issue behind getting expelled from this youth club is likely to have been an oversight at club secretary level I would guess. Byron and Benno work long hours overseeing all the academy and shadow academy sides so I doubt if registering teams fell within their remit.

We can't always get everything right and having a few disgruntled players & parents is inevitable, but there's no doubt that the 'community club ethos' runs throughout our youth set-up. The suggestion that our coaches are leaving in numbers is exaggerated.

Dee
Hi deepee can I ask do you coach in the 16-18 section or the younger? Only because I’m nosey.