Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Suggestion 2: Maximise your revenue streams by engaging the members first in what they actually want from a club in the 21st century.
Please don't 'find your feet & settle in'. be in touch with us urgently and ask us what we want.

this will include better in-house catering, an on-site club shop, touch-points with the club at commercial events, easier ticketing, and much much more as you will have already seen from this board.
I am prepared to volunteer to assist and have much experience in the field of designing commercial relationship strategies, and commercial partner tiering to maximise growth from 'already subscribed' consumers.

i have already written twice, so I guess if this follows the 'no reply' route, I'll stop bothering you.

but please think about how you can get more from existing streams, rather than just go into something new without gauging our thoughts first.

many thanks for reading.

George Street-Bridge wrote:As hospitality in the Bisley is a key revenue stream, stop opposition supporters using drums in that stand.
I hate drums at football matches. I suspect most of us do. However I also have a problem telling people how they should enjoy their football. If young people want to chant, bang drums etc, who am I to tell them that they can't? I used to sit in the Hazell stand, as getting soaked isn't my idea of fun. Unfortunately if the little drummer boy is removed from the Bisley maybe the patrons of the Hazell stand will have to endure two drummers.

If course if we had a covered end where those who wish to make a lot of noise could stand and leave old men like us to doze on a Saturday then perhaps this is a solution.

Could I also please throw in a suggestion: could we look into the matchday merchandise situation. If I understand it correctly, the Kingsway shop closes one hour before KO on a Saturday afternoon, at 2:00pm. Is that correct? If so, we need that situation sorted so that we have a merchandise presence at the stadium. Not to be able to buy items within the 'golden hour' of one hour before KO is really not good.
Does anyone know the merchandise arrangements for EVENING KOs?.....
If we have taken away the ability to make impulse purchases on matchdays, that's gotta be costing us over a season.

We need merchandise, on site, at the event location, cos when Madonna plays a concert, what her fans don't have to do,is traipse across the other side of town for a t-shirt, she sells them on site, at the event itself...... that's because it's what works, and what sells.

Now, there may very well be 'WRU issues' preventing us from doing so, but if selling no merchandise at the ground on a matchday was OUR decision, our OWN commercial decision, it's a crap one.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:As hospitality in the Bisley is a key revenue stream, stop opposition supporters using drums in that stand.
I hate drums at football matches. I suspect most of us do. However I also have a problem telling people how they should enjoy their football. If young people want to chant, bang drums etc, who am I to tell them that they can't? I used to sit in the Hazell stand, as getting soaked isn't my idea of fun. Unfortunately if the little drummer boy is removed from the Bisley maybe the patrons of the Hazell stand will have to endure two drummers.

If course if we had a covered end where those who wish to make a lot of noise could stand and leave old men like us to doze on a Saturday then perhaps this is a solution.
From our ground regulations -

1 Notwithstanding possession of any ticket the Club, any police officer or authorised steward may refuse entry to (or eject from) the Ground any person:

1.1 that fails (or in the Club's reasonable opinion is likely to fail) to comply with these Ground Regulations or any reasonable instruction issued by a police officer or authorised steward or officer of the Club; and/or

1.2 whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club's reasonable opinion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person.

Seems a licence to discriminate and taken to extremes could see just about everybody ejected on the basis that they may annoy somebody.

Was it Luton who years ago banned away supporters altogether?
If so was is when they had a plastic pitch as well?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

You may have misread, Stan. The drummer was in the away area of Bisley so he couldn't be relocated to the Hazell. They are a real pain if you are anywhere near, and I include our drum on away trips. The main point GSB was making, I believe, was the proximity to those paying for hospitality. A solution may be to insist that the drummer moves into the South end seats with his drum, or stays dry without it.

I also have one suggestion for him. Apologies if I have mentioned this before. There is a massive potential revenue stream out there, namely the Exiles extended family. Must be truly thousands, UK and worldwide. I am not just talking about the greater Newport area where a lot of good work is done in the Communty already.

How many of us (exiles) on here regularly contribute and consider ourselves County fans. Tap into that and make some money. There just must be a way.

I get 99% of my information about the County from mostly this messageboard and sometimes the club home page. I would be willing to pay something into membership of an 'exiles' club. What that membership would entail, I have no idea. That is something the Commercial Manager should decide upon.

I am pretty sure that there are a lot of like minded people out there who would be willing to subscribe.

excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

You may have misread, Stan. The drummer was in the away area of Bisley so he couldn't be relocated to the Hazell. They are a real pain if you are anywhere near, and I include our drum on away trips. The main point GSB was making, I believe, was the proximity to those paying for hospitality. A solution may be to insist that the drummer moves into the South end seats with his drum, or stays dry without it.
I agree. I can't stand drummers at football matches. I can't stand 12 teenage boys singing out of tune banal nonsense and thinking they are creating an atmosphere. I can't stand having to listen to people yelling advice/comment/abuse at players and referees.

But, and it is a very big but. Who the f@ck am I to dictate how other people should enjoy football? Yes if they are homophonic, racist or threatening violence, then they must be stopped. But frankly if everyone who got on my t!ts was moved or removed the world for the most part would be empty.

excessbee wrote:A start would be to acknowledge that many regular attenders and contributors are not resident in Newport. That sometimes seems to be taken for granted.
I have nothing but admiration and respect for regular attendees whether they be local or exiled. I do also think that the club should acknowledge our geographical fanbase.

I just think we should tap in to the exiled potential out there.

AmberRundgren. wrote:Suggestion 2: Maximise your revenue streams by engaging the members first in what they actually want from a club in the 21st century.
Please don't 'find your feet & settle in'. be in touch with us urgently and ask us what we want.

this will include better in-house catering, an on-site club shop, touch-points with the club at commercial events, easier ticketing, and much much more as you will have already seen from this board.
I am prepared to volunteer to assist and have much experience in the field of designing commercial relationship strategies, and commercial partner tiering to maximise growth from 'already subscribed' consumers.

i have already written twice, so I guess if this follows the 'no reply' route, I'll stop bothering you.

but please think about how you can get more from existing streams, rather than just go into something new without gauging our thoughts first.

many thanks for reading.
Did you apply for the Commercial managers job?
Sounds like you should have applied for the uk Version of The Apprentice.

1.2 whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club's reasonable opinion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person.

"Nuisance and annoyance" nails drumming for me. And who's to say away fans appreciate being even closer to it than those of us sitting near half-way in the Bisley?

I'm just suggesting there's a commercial angle. If even one home supporter decides they don't want their enjoyment affected by an away drummer and keeps their 20 quid in their pocket, for me that trumps the human right of some 15-year old (or older saddo) who might be making his only visit ever to the ground to enjoy the game on his own terms.

George Street-Bridge wrote:1.2 whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club's reasonable opinion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person.

"Nuisance and annoyance" nails drumming for me. And who's to say away fans appreciate being even closer to it than those of us sitting near half-way in the Bisley?

I'm just suggesting there's a commercial angle. If even one home supporter decides they don't want their enjoyment affected by an away drummer and keeps their 20 quid in their pocket, for me that trumps the human right of some 15-year old (or older saddo) who might be making his only visit ever to the ground to enjoy the game on his own terms.
George,

Trouble is, while no doubt you believe that your right to quiet enjoyment trumps that of the '15 year old saddo' from the point of view of many young people you are just an old miserable git who should be put out to grass. (As am I.)

Like I suspect yourself I find many young people intensely irritating. But I can still remember being 15 and finding men in their 60's intensely irritating.

Sadly we are old and soon we will be dead. Trying to impose what we would like on younger generations isn't going to happen. Get used to it.