Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

wattsville_boy wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Wattsville + Corpa, you have missed the point by a mile.

The commercial side has to be all about maximising the enjoyment for everyone attending, not just by attracting newcomers but including everyone who goes anyway by not taking them for granted. One of the pleasures is chatting to the people around you who you might see only every couple of weeks. Drumming in the Bisley deters this. An easy fix is available.
I got your point pretty clearly. It was about intolerance and allowing the people that pay more to have a greater say in what occurs on match days.
As I've said half a dozen times, it's about protecting revenue. Then people are less likely to complain when the club can't afford something it needs.

Corpaboy wrote:I REALLY can't believe what I'm reading here ??
We've just employed a new Commercial Manager , who appears to have a decent track record and potential .
Someone starts a thread on here with "suggestions for new Commercial Manager". This has now morphed into a debate about how we should ban some poor fecker who has travelled the length of the country to support his club who are looking like they could be in another relegation scrap , as his drumming antics could be affecting our revenue ????

You really couldn't make it up !!
Welcome to The Port Mr Commercial Manager .
I hope this is going to the top of your "to do list" !!! :lol: :lol: :roll:

bang on brother, I remember about 3-4 years ago when this board was an interesting and informative source of knowledge and humour and a genuine enjoyment, what the hell happened!! Anyways, we are going up UTC

The NCFC Hippy wrote:
We've just employed a new Commercial Manager , who appears to have a decent track record and potential .
Someone starts a thread on here with "suggestions for new Commercial Manager". This has now morphed into a debate about how we should ban some poor fecker who has travelled the length of the country to support his club who are looking like they could be in another relegation scrap , as his drumming antics could be affecting our revenue ????

bang on brother, I remember about 3-4 years ago when this board was an interesting and informative source of knowledge and humour and a genuine enjoyment, what the hell happened!! Anyways, we are going up UTC
My view, there is an intolerance of people who express views that don't suit the views of the 'moral majority'.

This thread being a perfect example. The funny thing in terms of substance I seem to be in the majority. I disagree fundamentally with GSB's views with the drummer. In that I don't think any of us are entitled to impose our views on others.

But and another huge but, GSB is entitled to his view and is entitled to express that view. And those who are trying to prevent him from doing so are wrong.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
The NCFC Hippy wrote:

My view, there is an intolerance of people who express views that don't suit the views of the 'moral majority'.

This thread being a perfect example. The funny thing in terms of substance I seem to be in the majority. I disagree fundamentally with GSB's views with the drummer. In that I don't think any of us are entitled to impose our views on others.

But and another huge but, GSB is entitled to his view and is entitled to express that view. And those who are trying to prevent him from doing so are wrong.
Nobody has mentioned GSB not being able to express his views ??
I just don't see what a debate about banging a drum at matches has anything to do with our new Commercial Manager ??!!
Anyway ..... enough twaddle .

Corpaboy wrote:
I just don't see what a debate about banging a drum at matches has anything to do with our new Commercial Manager ??!!
When posts contain words such as 'this is a pointless thread. Or a view is met with WTF or rolling eyes, it is an expression of ridicule. Ridicule is a method of trying to silence people.

If you disagree, even fundamentally with what someone has written with I think you're wrong because...... it starts a debate and makes you marshall your thoughts. If you write to the effect your view is so stupid I can't be bothered to answer it all you do is invite a personal response and a debate degenerates into a mud slinging competition.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:
When posts contain words such as 'this is a pointless thread. Or a view is met with WTF or rolling eyes, it is an expression of ridicule. Ridicule is a method of trying to silence people.

If you disagree, even fundamentally with what someone has written with I think you're wrong because...... it starts a debate and makes you marshall your thoughts. If you write to the effect your view is so stupid I can't be bothered to answer it all you do is invite a personal response and a debate degenerates into a mud slinging competition.
WTF ??? :roll: :roll:

xisle wrote:that gets my vote for most pot kettle black post of the month
other nominations gladly accepted :lol:
Nomination 1.

Xisle. My mate who is in the know tells me that the reason we appointed a new commercial manager without advertising was that when we did advertise the applicants were 'crap'.

Exile1976. You're wrong, a relation of mine applied. County made the wrong decision to save money. Later County tried to woo said relation who was an excellent candidate but the bird had flown.

Does Xisle acknowledge he us in error?

Does Xisle apologize for insulting a very good candidate?

No remains silent for a while and then just comes out with his insults again.

Boring. :?