Re: Day cup tickets

The Newport wrote:
Ashurstheros wrote:When do they go on sale and what is our allocation?

I don't live in the UK but I have never heard of Day Cup Tickets or have they named a new competition after Joe Day?

Or have I woken up in a different dimensions.
. If you live in the uk it don’t matter to you has you won’t be going

Re: FA Cup tickets

Ticket details as follows from

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/metropoli ... 63384.html

Below is the agreed prices and logistics for our Emirates FA Cup First Round Proper tie with Newport County
Tickets for the Met v Newport cup tie will be available as follows:

Very limited Grandstand tickets at £20

Ground Entry
Adults - £15
Concessions over 65 - £10
Concessions U16 - £5

Tickets will be on sale at Saturday's match against Farnborough from 2.30 pm until the end of the game then again on Sunday 4th November from a sales point at the rear entrance to the Stadium. Cash only - card sales not possible.

Tickets will also be available for sale on the day - cash only sales - no card sales available on the day.

Pre match sales will be available through Imber Court Sports Club (0208 398 1267) from Monday 5th November but tickets must be collected from the club by 9th November.

All sales will be on first come first served basis.

On Police advice segregation of the crowd will apply. As a consequence all visiting fans will use the turnstiles near the swimming pool/gym and home support will be directed to the turnstiles at the rear entrance to the Stadium. Visiting fans will occupy the covered end adjacent to Mounted Branch. Home supporters will have the area in front of the grandstand and the other two open sides. Additional refreshment outlet will be available near the rear entrance turnstiles as will additional toilet facilities

That seems to imply we will have a fixed number of tickets. Any idea of how many? From a picture, it looks like a three step terrace across the width of the ground.

Edit: it's on our website. Advance allocation 502 (strange number) out of a total allocation of 1000. On sale from Monday 10am.

Cant honestly see the need for tickets or segregation for that matter! Ground holds 3000, they had 400 last round, cant imagine their average attendance exceeding 200, County probably wouldn't take anymore than 1500 anyway! Load of fuss about nothing!

If I'm reading the information correctly, we have been allocated 100 seats in the stand, and up to 900 on the terrace behind the goal. Now, if the whole length of the FGR terrace holds 1000, that's going to be a tight squeeze. From a photo it looks like a three step terrace, not even as deep as at FGR.

excessbee wrote:If I'm reading the information correctly, we have been allocated 100 seats in the stand, and up to 900 on the terrace behind the goal. Now, if the whole length of the FGR terrace holds 1000, that's going to be a tight squeeze. From a photo it looks like a three step terrace, not even as deep as at FGR.
Hi ECFC fan here "in peace", who lives in Surrey and will be at your game next Saturday. (Will be giving our game against Blackpool a miss, not least because there is a rail strike - see below).

Went to the Met Police ground today to pick up a ticket and the gates were open so I had a good nose around. The terrace you have been given is indeed three - wide - steps deep, and pretty shallow. There are no crush barriers in the terrace. While I'm willing to believe you could fit 900 in there safely, the view wouldn't be great due to the rake. In fact, the path in front of the terrace is a little bit below pitch level. The good news of course is that it has a roof, and it extends out a fair way, so if it rains you should stay dry unless it is windy. If it is a sunny day, you may be looking into it, at least partially.

The main seated stand is quite tidy and will provide a good elevated view, if you get a seat in there. I'd hope some provision is made by your club to save some seats for senior travellers who have trouble standing.

I have taken a couple of photos, and would upload them if I could figure out how!

Those travelling by rail need to be aware that there is a strike on South West Railway on Saturday, so there will be a more limited service in operation than timetabled. It's not too bad, but check the rail website a day or two before when they update the timetable.

Anyhow, have a safe trip - am looking forward to watching a game without having a vested interest.