Crofts

Am I missing something here. Crofts is quoted in the Argus as saying "the last two years especially I’ve been pretty much 100 per cent available and I’ve played a lot of games".
As far a I can see he played 4 games for Scunthorpe last season and has started only 3 for us.
It will be good to have him available for us but is he a "talk the talk" rather than a "walk the walk" player (allowing of course for his bad blister).

Re: Crofts

Though my Dad took me to County matches when I was 'kneehigh to a grasshopper' the first game which I remember avidly was the 3-2 win over Sheffield Wednesday when Hunt and Bonson brought us back from 0-1 at Half Time.The team was pretty much the same throughout the season :
Weare
Bird Rathbone Walters
Rowland Hill
Webster Sheffield Bonson Hunt Smith
There were occasional changes with Frowen, Williams and possibly three otthers but they just 'got on with it'. Some of the tackles were grim. What I am saying is we need players to be fit and responsive and not take us for a ride.

Special branch wrote:Though my Dad took me to County matches when I was 'kneehigh to a grasshopper' the first game which I remember avidly was the 3-2 win over Sheffield Wednesday when Hunt and Bonson brought us back from 0-1 at Half Time.The team was pretty much the same throughout the season :
Weare
Bird Rathbone Walters
Rowland Hill
There were occasional changes with Frowen, Williams and possibly three otthers but they just 'got on with it'. Some of the tackles were grim. What I am saying is we need players to be fit and responsive and not take us for a ride.
Just getting on with it just about crippled a lot of players in later life but he pendulum does seem to have swung a long way in the opposite direction today.

Yes you are right: I'm just brassed off with one or two issues as I'm sure a lot of us are. I haven't forgotten the Jeff Astle scenario with heading etc. I ncidentally I saw his last game for Notts County. before WBA signed him. Our Laurie Sheffield (still alive) scored a hat trick in our 3-1 win.

Special branch wrote:Though my Dad took me to County matches when I was 'kneehigh to a grasshopper' the first game which I remember avidly was the 3-2 win over Sheffield Wednesday when Hunt and Bonson brought us back from 0-1 at Half Time.The team was pretty much the same throughout the season :
Weare
Bird Rathbone Walters
Rowland Hill
Great memories. The only game which my Dad attended with me. We twice came from a goal down. Having equalised we then went 1-2 down. Two crosses in the last 5 minutes I believe led to our 2nd and 3rd goals. The last time we beat a first division / top tier team. 4th January 1964.

Amberexile wrote: Just getting on with it just about crippled a lot of players in later life but he pendulum does seem to have swung a long way in the opposite direction today.
I've got no idea what County have in terms of medical facilities, but with regular blood tests and health benchmarking, a lot of the top clubs nowadays know when a player is ill before they do. I suspect we're not quite at such a detailed level of sports science.

You also don't have to be a well-paid pro to knacker your body playing sport. :?

SJG99 wrote:
Amberexile wrote: Just getting on with it just about crippled a lot of players in later life but he pendulum does seem to have swung a long way in the opposite direction today.
I've got no idea what County have in terms of medical facilities, but with regular blood tests and health benchmarking, a lot of the top clubs nowadays know when a player is ill before they do. I suspect we're not quite at such a detailed level of sports science.

You also don't have to be a well-paid pro to knacker your body playing sport. :?
Ain’t that the truth, we’ve all got damage from our playing days I suspect ( in my case left hip and a knackered left hand/wrist from a bad landing after a clash of heads ) , with most of us though who support the County , many suspect we must have incurred a fair amount of damage to our central nervous systems. :grin:

lowandhard wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

Ain’t that the truth, we’ve all got damage from our playing days I suspect ( in my case left hip and a knackered left hand/wrist from a bad landing after a clash of heads ) , with most of us though who support the County , many suspect we must have incurred a fair amount of damage to our central nervous systems. :grin:
i too have a knackered hand/wrist nothing to do with sport tho :grin: