Re: Well done that man

Amberexile wrote:I am more than happy for people to make up their own minds.
I know where the joke came from and how it was meant.
Okay Paul, I believe you.

Now on Saturday when Podge is warming up shout at him,,

'Hey Podge, I don't know how you see yourself but the rest of the world sees you as a pig shit thick drunk, who could pick a fight in an empty room'.

Now if Podge falls over laughing, repeating over and over again, 'Faith and begorrah, Jaysus isn't that the funniest t'ing I ever heard.' Before rushing off the pitch to buy you a jar of porter I will stand corrected.

Paul,

You have spent the last few weeks insulting me. As you are aware I have refused to take the bait. You seem to have worked yourself into a right state.

Now that which you finally wrote is extremely offensive and unbelievably unfunny. Now the unfunny part is neither here nor there. But the offensive bit does matter.

Now I don't believe that every person who makes a racist remark is necessarily a racist. And only the very brave or stupid try to take the moral high ground. So here's a suggestion.

Read what you have written. Think about how a ten year old second generation Irish kid growing up in Newport is going to feel about that and say sorry and withdraw it.

Amberexile wrote: You may also be unaware that the Irish, like the Welsh are not a race (as defined) and therefore it is not possible to make racist remarks about them.

I did practise at the criminal bar for over twenty years.

You are wrong.

The Crime and Disorder Act of I think 1998, should be read in conjunction with the Criminal Justice Act of 2003.

The definition of race includes nationality. The 2003 CJA has the effect of allowing prosecutors to seek an uplift in sentence.

You might also be interested to learn that the CPS guidelines of August 2017 are that offences committed on line should be treated as they were in person.

Whether your outburst constitutes a criminal offence or is merely offensive is open to debate and would be for a court to decide. I am not going to report you, but I can't speak for others.

However I can assure that for the purpose of sentencing a person saying you Irish so and so before punching somebody would expect to receive a more severe sentence than he or she would if they merely punched you.

Amberexile wrote:Stan I'll put you out of your misery and deliver the punchline.

Here is another Irish website with Irish jokes - https://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/com ... er-3259755

You will notice jokes about Irish people being thick and Irish people being drunk. There doesn't seem to be one about starting an argument in an empty room, maybe on reflection that is just you :lol: :lol: :wink:

I'm here all week :grin:

Don't take yourself too seriously old chap, and have a good evening :grin:
Paul,

If you want to spend your life looking up weird website's be my guest. If you want to carry on with insulting me go ahead. If you want to misinform the readers of this message board as to the criminal law of the UK then don't let me stop you.

However I am not going to respond to this behaviour. I am not going to insult you. I am sorry that you are unable to see that it is not me who is offended but that others might be. Just between you and me and any other person reading this, your Irish friend found your Irish jokes embarrassing. We cringe at people making fools of themselves.

Now one final question. And you can have the final word because I am not going on with this.

Let's pretend this is a somewhat surreal edition of the Vicar of Dibley. You're Geraldine the vicar I'm the hapless verger.
It always ends with Geraldine telling a joke which her verger doesn't get. Geraldine then explains the joke.

So tell me what is funny about 'the world thinks the Irish are drunks who are pig shit thick'?

pembsexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Anyway well done Mike you saved a life
Yep, back on track, well done that man.

Now, I assume that there is one prominently displayed and ready for use over the County. Anyone know where it/they are? I haven't noticed one. It may one day be needed.
My understanding is that EFL regulations demand that one be league matches. Whether it needs to be prominently displayed I am not so sure.

From a personal point of view I well into the second half, I'm not convinced that a prominent reminder of my mortality would enhance the football experience. :grin:

Alan G Bryant wrote:Ironically we had our first defibrillator installed under the much maligned David Boddy era. I am also pretty sure that defibrillator also helped save the life of a Newport County volunteer during the great escape in 2017.

Brilliant. A quick check of the website confirms that we have had a defibrillator at the County since 27 September 2014. It was presented to the club prior to the game against Wimbledon.

I just hope it is in a prominent place. I suspect that it is - I just haven't seen it. Hope it is maintained. :grin: 4 years is a long time without a battery replacement.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Ironically we had our first defibrillator installed under the much maligned David Boddy era. I am also pretty sure that defibrillator also helped save the life of a Newport County volunteer during the great escape in 2017.

He also had the good fortune to be sitting next to a registered nurse, who saved his life. It was the Blackpool game.

Amberexile wrote: Cheap jokes really don't have a place in the conversation.

Hypocrite of the year, we have a winner!!!!

So Paul hypocrite of the year to add to racist of the year title, you must be feeling great? Not since Jon the County have we had such a supreme champion.

So tell all fans, how did you manage it?

Satire a staple of intelligent humour.

:?