Re: Well done that man

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote: Cheap jokes really don't have a place in the conversation.

Hypocrite of the year, we have a winner!!!!

So Paul hypocrite of the year to add to racist of the year title, you must be feeling great? Not since Jon the County have we had such a supreme champion.

So tell all fans, how did you manage it?

Jon the County! I'd forgotten about him.

Satire a staple of intelligent humour.

:?

Just to clear up any confusion.

I think Amberexile's, attempt at humour was unpleasant, had racist overtones and wasn't funny. Whilst I absolutely defend free speech, I also believe that those who wish to speak have to accept that others have an equal right to challenge them.

Likewise with Xisle. If he wishes to call me an asshole I defend absolutely his right to do so.

This is a board which is read by many young people. I think Paul if you reflected on that, and thought long enough you might reflect on how a second generation Irish child might regard his or her parents being likened to 'pig shit thick'. In fairness Paul I don't think you are a racist, and while there has been hypocrisy, I doubt any of us are free from that. I can't though not say that I am disappointed in what you have written.

As for Xisle. I simply hope that your clear anger issues resolve. You are going to lead a very miserable life if they don't.

I have for a long time held the view than an individual is at best a poor judge of whether their own words may be found offensive.
Brendan (Stan) is of the opinion that I may have inadvertently caused offence to persons unknown through my words earlier in this thread.
To each and every person who has been offended, I apologise, this was not my intention, my attempts at humour were ill-judged.
In order that no further offence might be caused, I will now edit my earlier to post remove them and request that Brendan or a moderator does similar where they have been repeated in Brendan's posts.
Sorry folks.

How refreshing! Rather like my playing days. Kick seven sorts of sh!t out of other but happy to have a drink together afterwards.
Seriously though, we all say and sometimes write things we regret - it’s the price we pay for the witty , quick ripostes we make. Glad to see a happy conclusion to a spat and that debate ended in a truce.