Re: Grandstand: Carlisle (Away)

I don't subscribe to iFollow, but when highlights/full match is available, I'd be interested to hear comments about our two penalty shouts in the second half. Semenyo sneaked ahead of the defender in the box and was clipped from behind, then Matt was held back just as he got into space. The ref and his assistant should have had an unobstructed view of both.

excessbee wrote:
rodneyboy wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Because we were playing superb football and there was no need to break the rhythm of our play. Just out of interest, who would you have replaced with Foulston?
Really felt we were lacking height at the back.You cannot play with only one recognised centre back as was proved.Carlisle hadn't scored for 8 hours before yesterday.
Hmm..... Yet none of Carlisle's goals came from any deficiency that could be put down to lack of height at the back.
I think it is worth noting that it may have been a secondary reason.

I don't know I wasn't there but by way of example of what I mean. A fullback is outclassed by a winger. The winger is thus able to send over a greater number of crosses. Finally the overworked goalkeeper drops a cross from which the opposition score. We remember only the goalkeeping error.

In terms where there is a weakness, other constituent parts have to take up the strain and it is often one of these parts which ultimately fail.

excessbee wrote:I don't subscribe to iFollow, but when highlights/full match is available, I'd be interested to hear comments about our two penalty shouts in the second half. Semenyo sneaked ahead of the defender in the box and was clipped from behind, then Matt was held back just as he got into space. The ref and his assistant should have had an unobstructed view of both.

I watched the whole game 'live' on iFollow and would agree that both penalty shouts probably would have been given to the 'home side'.
I dont buy into the claims that the refs dont seem to favour the home side more than the away side but if they had happened in our area with 3,500 home fans calling for a pen I believe he would have given one , if not both to them.....

As for the questions about who Foulston would have been chosen in front of yesterday IMO it would have been Willmott.
That is nothing personnal about Willmott by me but he is an ok right winger . He is not a LEFT SIDED WINGBACK , he is not a CENTRAL MIDFIELDER , he is not a LEFT or RIGHTABCK , not a FORWARD in a front three but MF keeps picking him in positions and we see numerous posts saying that he was poor until he was moved into his ' natural position '.
FOULSTON is a young , raw centre half who may or may not make it. Given our injury crisis in that position IMO it would have been better to try him rather than upset the balance of the team by playing our best two attacking options in PIPE and BUTLER doen the wings as centre halfs and putting i right winger into a left wingback position. WILLMOTT has also had three very poor games previously for us so shouldn't have deserved a starting spot.
I know many wont like my comments but there you go , they are my views

Loyalfoot wrote:Neil all I can say is that you have a personal issue with one particular player.

Quite, if you go back to the early pages of this thread you will see he is singling him out for criticism after just 15 minutes of the game, despite Pipe failing to cut out the cross and the other goal coming from the right and Robbie going on to provide yet another assist. It is boring and utterly pathetic.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:Neil all I can say is that you have a personal issue with one particular player.

Quite, if you go back to the early pages of this thread you will see he is singling him out for criticism after just 15 minutes of the game, despite Pipe failing to cut out the cross and the other goal coming from the right and Robbie going on to provide yet another assist. It is boring and utterly pathetic.

I have no problem with the man himself whatsoever . The problem I and quite a few posters / fans have is when he is played in whatever position MF 'shoes' him into the side we are effectively playing 10 v 11 as he is no good in the positions he is being asked to play.
For all MF has done for the club his BIGGEST weakness is that he insists on playing him even when , as he is recently ''off form'
I don't care what anyone says , nobody can honestly say he has played well in the last four games since he returned from injury but I bet he will still be first pick on MF's team sheet even when he has a FULL squad to choose from.
I will say it again for the 'hard of thinking fans' on here . He is OK as a winger, right sided midfielder ( certainly not quality as some post) elsewhere he is a liability to the side and we effectively play with 10 when he plays in the positions MF asks him to play.
Last edited by neilcork68 on November 4th, 2018, 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alan G Bryant wrote:

Keyboard warrior alert :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :dontknow: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: ROBBIE WILLMOTT FAN CLUB

I was actually questioning why he was playing as a left wingback ? We had a centre half on the bench but MF chose to move our left wing back to centre half and play him there ? Not his fault I know but on the evidence of the previous three games where he was dreadful any other player would have been dropped not moved to another position just because he has a 'blind spot' over him
Last edited by neilcork68 on November 4th, 2018, 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I think he is more of a realist - for some reason over the years some hook into a poor player who can then do no wrong - Darryl Kingjts - jake Harris come to mind - If you look at Willmotts history we are the only league club he has played for - and the reality is he is not a L2 player yes every now again he makes a pass but a game is 90 mins!

County ranger wrote:
I think he is more of a realist - for some reason over the years some hook into a poor player who can then do no wrong - Darryl Kingjts - jake Harris come to mind - If you look at Willmotts history we are the only league club he has played for - and the reality is he is not a L2 player yes every now again he makes a pass but a game is 90 mins!

You missed out on one of his all time favourites...MARLON JACKSON...Now he was ''dog 7%$£''...Up there with Jeff Johnson , Ramone Rose and Danny Potter as the worst players to have ever worn a County shirt :lol:

Loyalfoot wrote:Neil I am not Harps ok so get your facts right for once if that's at all possible.

I believe you :wink: :lol:
He has so many user names on here we can never be sure...A ban on here means nothing to him /you ? as he just comes back with another 10 usernames ( at least )

You were so mad at my post you had to post twice to try and tell me your not ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

neilcork68 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

Keyboard warrior alert :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :dontknow: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: ROBBIE WILLMOTT FAN CLUB

I was actually questioning why he was playing as a left wingback ? We had a centre half on the bench but MF chose to move our left wing back to centre half and play him there ? Not his fault I know but on the evidence of the previous three games where he was dreadful any other player would have been dropped not moved to another position just because he has a 'blind spot' over him

Not at all, I have the same reservations about Robbie playing out of position as most but you criticised him within 15 minutes of the match before, on another thread, going on to blame Joe Day for two of the goals. That suggests it is personal.

Perhaps you should also read what Flynn said about Foulston in the argus before commenting on why he Is not playing, failing that , put your keyboard down and go and join a coaching session, I am sure the invite will still be there if you can pluck up the courage.