Re: Crofts

The point I was trying to make, as I am sure you understood, was the club games he has managed since the start of the 17/18 season.
Still strikes me as a player living off former glories. I will reserve judgement on his commitment to County until later in the season.
Genuinely hope I am wrong.

allontheamber wrote:The point I was trying to make, as I am sure you understood, was the club games he has managed since the start of the 17/18 season.
Still strikes me as a player living off former glories. I will reserve judgement on his commitment to County until later in the season.
Genuinely hope I am wrong.
Lol ;-)

Time will tell I guess. A bit harsh to give him that label at the moment. The game I saw him in (Oxford I think) he just didn't look fit at all, and was playing really deep to try and compensate. Hopefully he gets somewhere close to 100% and does his thing for us shortly - we certainly need a player of his calibre in there. The prospect of a fit Crofts, Bakinson and Labadie in the middle is quite exciting - hopefully we don't have to wait too long to see it.

allontheamber wrote:Agree with you. I would love to see that fit and motivated midfield. It would be a match for anything in the division.
In the games I've seen, it's been our shape when we lose possession that costs us goals and points. Dolan is great going forward but not so much on the back foot, Sheehan the same, Wilmott the same, etc. I just couldn't see those three being so "loose" positionally.

It does seem weird to me that midfield has been a bit of an issue for us, as

a) The players we have there are technically quite good, and
b) Our manager was a central midfielder himself!