Re: Met Police clubhouse this saturday

It's a strange situation at Met Police. Until recently the Met Police sports and social club owned the whole of the Imber Court site but then they became a limited company separate from the police and membership is open to the public.

They have numerous sports facilities and pitches, a club house and bars and now within the Imber Court site the Met Police stadium is just one of the many separate clubs on site. Imber Court have rebranded the whole site and at the moment there are no signs anywhere around the perimeter that there's a football stadium within. You can see the floodlights from the road outside but you could also easily miss them.

Here's a link to a groundhopper's blog which is a useful read
http://groundhoppingwithryan.blogspot.c ... court.html
His second picture shows the Imber Court main entrance and car park. Note that the car park is for members of the sports and social club so I don't know whether it will be available for us. If not you would have to park on the local roads.
At the moment the way to the ground is through the Imber Court main entrance, (the clubhouse and bars are on the left just inside the entrance), out of the back entrance, past the gym club and swimming pool to the turnstiles (picture 4).

I believe that the home supporters will be using a different entrance for this match.

Hope this helps.

I thought I’d register on here to add my comments on this thread. I’ll be at the game Saturday as a neutral. I’m a Huddersfield Town fan (ST holder) but live only a few miles from Imber Court and can’t make the game v West Ham. I’ve seen plenty of Met Police games in the past.

Safe to say it’s a different experience to a typical football match. Imber Court is a large facility for the Met Police and is a private club. There will be people using the swimming pool and gym on Saturday rather than going to the game. There’s a nice bar area where fans go, but whether or not it’ll be in use on Saturday with the much larger gate I’m not sure. Nice sofas, carpets, dark wood and a good food area. OK v the likes of Leatherhead but maybe not on Saturday.

The actual football ground is about 80 yards from the clubhouse bar. It’s decent for their level. The most striking feature are the large old-fashioned floodlights, the type you rarely see nowadays. I understand away fans will be in the covered terrace behind the goal - nice stand, similar to Crawley but smaller. There’s a high edge behind hiding police buildings. To your right is the main stand about two-thirds the length of the pitch, about six rows deep. Nice snack bar alongside. The terrace in front is slightly elevated above the pitch so reasonable views. The other side and far end are just narrow open terraces. As you’d expect, it’s all very tidy. Normally the pitch is very good, flat and quite large.

In the past they’ve usually had one or two players that were cops. The current manager McPherson is with the met and has been with the club a long time though I think he played a few games for Carlisle in the 90’s. His dad helps around the club. All the officials are with the met and will be wearing their ties and jackets I expect.

Almost all the met “fans” will be neutrals like me, hoping for an upset. I once saw a game there where the crowd was 23.

Enjoy the game. Like I said, it’s a bit different, but it’s fine. The ground is about 1 mile from Hampton Court if you want some culture and there’s plenty of eateries and pubs there.

Regarding parking, there is a decent sized car park as you enter the complex but it’s almost always pretty full with people using the facilities. It’s in a nice residential area, wide roads where parking isn’t usually a problem but I don’t know if it’ll be cones off on Saturday. Hampton Court railway station has a massive car park and is about 1 mile to the ground but again gets busy, especially at weekends, with visitors to the Palace. I don’t think you’ll have too much difficulty parking somewhere between the station and ground though.

Latest from the club website
Parking is available at Imber Court on a first-come, first-served basis. All football supporters will be required to use the rear carpark at Imber Court (with the front carpark reserved for Imber Court members only). The best postcode for the rear car park is KT10 8EG

If you are unable to park in this car park, please use street parking (adhering to any and all parking regulations in the area).

TRAVEL BY TRAIN

The closest train station to Imber Court is Thames Ditton which is just a half-mile (11-minute walk) from the stadium.

To reach Thames Ditton, supporters will need to travel from Newport to London Paddington, take a tube on the Bakerloo line from London Paddington to London Waterloo, and continue the journey from London Waterloo to Thames Ditton.

My comment - Esher station may be an easier option for some of you. It's a straightforward 20 minute walk to Imber Court from there. It's on the mainline between Waterloo and Woking.

It IS a pleasure to read posts like "Terrier" s, on here, and I am sure that there are many like him Im have just watched the second half of the County's game and I thought that we controlled the game well and I think the disallowed third goal was O'k but anyway lets hope for a good second round tie at home preferably on TV too
Come on the Port .........Bob Bassett