Re: Shuttle Bus for November Evening Games

This is a brilliant initiative from the club and the supporter that is willing to give up his time , but what does this say about Newport City Council? A fans owned club offering a shuttle service because the council and the police have allowed the City to become a no go zone at night. Shameful

It was just over 12 months ago that we drew Tottenham and the councillors were fawning over the draw and highlighting how great it was for the City, and since then, Nothing, they have done nothing, but no doubt they will be back should we progress and draw another premiership team at home.

We have heard the Dragons chairman publicly state in January that they cannot dawdle over plans for Rodney Parade and like the council, have heard nothing since.

I think it would fabulous for the rugby and football supporters of this city to know what the plans for Rodney Parade are , if there are any!

Great idea from those involved

Not sure of the costs of running the buses but maybe in the future it could be looked into running buses to places such as Ringland , Bettws , Maesglas,Beechwood , Caerleon etc. Have a designated pick up point at each location and run to the end of Grafton Street with a small charge each way.#Footballspecials

Not sure if Newport Bus or NAT would be up for the idea or whether it would be viable for the club / bus companies . You don't know until you try , I suppose.....Fans from outside the city could park their cars close to one of the pick up points and get the bus to the ground rather than try to get a parking place near RP, which can be a nightmare unless you early or willing to pay car park charges

neilcork68 wrote:Great idea from those involved

Not sure of the costs of running the buses but maybe in the future it could be looked into running buses to places such as Ringland , Bettws , Maesglas,Beechwood , Caerleon etc. Have a designated pick up point at each location and run to the end of Grafton Street with a small charge each way.#Footballspecials

Not sure if Newport Bus or NAT would be up for the idea or whether it would be viable for the club / bus companies . You don't know until you try , I suppose.....Fans from outside the city could park their cars close to one of the pick up points and get the bus to the ground rather than try to get a parking place near RP, which can be a nightmare unless you early or willing to pay car park charges
Kin ell , Neil !!!
That's almost a positive statement ???
Fair play .

I think this is a fantastic gesture from the Club , and really promotes the "One Club , One County" image .
Great idea to extend this service to the outskirts of the City if viable .
Is Stav REALLY driving the bus ??? :shock:

G Guest wrote:Sorry, but I can't see the point of this at all. A bus from Newport Station to Rodney Parade. You have to get to Newport Station to begin with and it only takes 10 minutes to walk from there to the ground.

If buses were provided to the outlying estates now without a late bus service I could understand it.
Must admit I'm a bit baffled by this too. The grumbles about being able to attend evening matches have been about getting out of town at ten o'clock because of the removal of late evening bus services. I don't see how the football club can ever deal with that situation.

excessbee wrote:
G Guest wrote:Sorry, but I can't see the point of this at all. A bus from Newport Station to Rodney Parade. You have to get to Newport Station to begin with and it only takes 10 minutes to walk from there to the ground.

If buses were provided to the outlying estates now without a late bus service I could understand it.
Must admit I'm a bit baffled by this too. The grumbles about being able to attend evening matches have been about getting out of town at ten o'clock because of the removal of late evening bus services. I don't see how the football club can ever deal with that situation.
If you are old and/or less ambulant the walk from the station to Rodney Parade can be a difficult one. At night some older people feel quite vulnerable in underground walkways. This service will help.

Besides in time it will be extended to a paying service to other drop off points.

In any event it is a helpful little gesture, which I think is a good idea.