Re: Bradley Stoke Town FC

George Street-Bridge wrote:It rings a bell that there was a game when Steve Sherlock scored for County and there was a Holmes in the other team. Possibly Torquay.
I think you're right. Sherlock and Withers scored for us in a 3-1win. My recollection was that Torquay were the opponents. I didn't know where the Holmes came from but if there was a Holmes in the Torquay team it would explain the confusion.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I heard on Radio commentary few years back that the front two where Young and Bent :shock:
If you look up the name of the Youngboys of Switzerland's stadium and type that in with the name of the club, I would imagine that the police might have more than a passing interest.
I've actually just done that !!!!! :grin: :shock:

Corpaboy wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I heard on Radio commentary few years back that the front two where Young and Bent :shock:
If you look up the name of the Youngboys of Switzerland's stadium and type that in with the name of the club, I would imagine that the police might have more than a passing interest.
I've actually just done that !!!!! :grin: :shock:
You no doubt understand my reluctance to type that into a computer? :shock:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:It rings a bell that there was a game when Steve Sherlock scored for County and there was a Holmes in the other team. Possibly Torquay.
I think you're right. Sherlock and Withers scored for us in a 3-1win. My recollection was that Torquay were the opponents. I didn't know where the Holmes came from but if there was a Holmes in the Torquay team it would explain the confusion.
Sadly, I found a list of Torquay players for that season (1987-88) and there isn't a Holmes. Hereford had a Kyle Holmes around that era, but not that season.

We need to look for a Baker, a Hudson and a Moriarty.