Re: Age checks on Gate

UPTHEPORT wrote:Stopped my nephew today to check his age as he has a young person ticket

Anyway apparently loads are buying kids tickets on line instead of adult tickets

Robbing *******
I've wondered before whether this was going on. Hardly surprising in Newport wih the cost of tickets to be honest; I doubt people who can actually afford the adult ticket price are doing it.

Someone on here previously has mentioned some sort of discount for the unemployed - I wouldn't have a problem with that myself.

Had the same experience when me and my 5 year old went through with our season tickets .
I thought there was a "stronger" steward presence before we got to the turnstile , then the girl spent longer before letting us through . Made the comment that the "system" was slow today .
My brother commented as well as he went through with his ticket .

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Have also heard of some buying senior tickets to which they are not entitled by age. Sad day if we have to ask people to provide proof of age . Personally I would be flattered but not offended if I was asked for proof of age, although after today i'm probably looking more 95 than 65.
:lol:

I notice no one has ever mentioned the number of people that get in the hazel terrace after half time for free!
It's easy!!!!.... people go through gate for beers or smoke, come back in no checks?..funny how you notice people coming past you that you did not see first half!
6 security guys on gate yet none of my smoker friends have ever been asked to show tickets????
Gates should be closed

thewonderstuff wrote:They did stop a young lad to say he should have been with an adult. Security were quite arsey with him until an adult who knew the lad said he would take responsibility for him.
Got to say, that attitude from security isn’t on. My family aren’t football fans, so when I was a kid I’d go on my own or with classmates using the money I earned from my paper round or Saturday job. From what you’ve written above, that option isn’t open to teenagers today. Pity.