Re: Mom Leicester

neilcork68 wrote:1 Demetriou
2 Franks
3 Bennett
That's interesting.

For me the one criticism I'd make of the defence is not of hoofing it clear when under pressure but of on occasions hoofing it forward, especially in the second half, when a defender had controlled possession. Elsewhere I have said why I gave the man of the match to Willmott. However it was a close run thing for me with Podge. Firstly his work rate, secondly a wonderful chase and cross which nearly led to a second goal, but mostly for the penalty.

Imagine it from his point of view. A good professional lower League player. The biggest moment of his career. A packed stadium and millions watching on TV. Miss that penalty and his whole career becomes a Baggio moment. Or a Smith must score.

He may well have been churning his guts but he strode up with the look of a man no more concerned than if he was popping into Londis to buy a pint of milk.

Awesome is an over used word, in the 87th minute it wasn't

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
2 Franks
3 Bennett
That's interesting.

For me the one criticism I'd make of the defence is not of hoofing it clear when under pressure but of on occasions hoofing it forward, especially in the second half, when a defender had controlled possession. Elsewhere I have said why I gave the man of the match to Willmott. However it was a close run thing for me with Podge. Firstly his work rate, secondly a wonderful chase and cross which nearly led to a second goal, but mostly for the penalty.

Imagine it from his point of view. A good professional lower League player. The biggest moment of his career. A packed stadium and millions watching on TV. Miss that penalty and his whole career becomes a Baggio moment. Or a Smith must score.

He may well have been churning his guts but he strode up with the look of a man no more concerned than if he was popping into Londis to buy a pint of milk.

I should imagine Danny Ward was the more nervous.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
2 Franks
3 Bennett
That's interesting.

Speaking as a goalkeeper, albeit a useless one. We all loved penalties.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
That's interesting.

Speaking as a goalkeeper, albeit a useless one. We all loved penalties.

Speaking as a striker, a bloody good one at that, I bloody loved taking penalties! I knew where the ball was going & knowing the keeper could only guess made me relax. Never missed one, fact :grin:

Blackandamber wrote:"The League 2 side has taken the lead thanks to Premier League service from out wide" - quote from BBC commentary on Robbie Willmott's cross for the 1st goal.
Wingers always divide opinion. So much so in fact, that our manager likes putting him in centre midfield. When he's out wide, there's nobody in this league I'd rather have in our side - especially at home where you tend to be on the front foot; he understands how to stretch a game and create space for himself, and his delivery is superb....at any level of football.

rncfc wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:"The League 2 side has taken the lead thanks to Premier League service from out wide" - quote from BBC commentary on Robbie Willmott's cross for the 1st goal.
Wingers always divide opinion. So much so in fact, that our manager likes putting him in centre midfield. When he's out wide, there's nobody in this league I'd rather have in our side - especially at home where you tend to be on the front foot; he understands how to stretch a game and create space for himself, and his delivery is superb....at any level of football.
A bit simplistic I know but wingers either have the beating of the fullback or they don't. If they do they're world class if they haven't they're bog standard.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:
A bit simplistic I know but wingers either have the beating of the fullback or they don't. If they do they're world class if they haven't they're bog standard.
How true! I once had a manager who loved his tactics board, he once gave me my instructions as to where he wanted the destination of the ball to be after I’d beaten my full back and delivered my pinpoint cross :grin: I never said a thing. :grin:
I do agree with Blackandamber about the quality of his delivery on occasion though.