Re: Age checks on Gate

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: I think George's point is that we are not speculating on age as it is stated as club policy.
My point is "Sixteen seems very high if that's the rule". As the words say.
Forgive me for missing the 'if'.

On the main thrust of your post, I still agree. I seem to recall reading that under 16's or perhaps 16 and under needed to be accompanied by an adult. Where I read it, assuming my memory isn't playing tricks I don't recall. Perhaps someone else does?

At one time The Club had reduced the number of pricing bands to a more simplified tariff. It seems to me that they have backtracked somewhat, and in trying to be "all things to everyone" as it were, they've brought about a situation where we have a number of different age brackets, all of which have to be checked on at the gates.

Here is the solution as I see it.
Simply REDUCE the number of bands, and thereby get the cost of football down, while maintaining the same average ticket price.
Here is my full reasoning:

At present, (excluding hospitality, 100 club, Season Tickets, etc, etc, etc) County's pricing structure has 24 PRICE BANDS and the total cost of buying one ticket in each band is £248.00, giving an average ticket price of £10.33

If the club were to simply remove all the unnecessary bands, make it much more simple, they'd reduce tickets prices in 50% of those bands, while maintaining the exact same average price across the range. It would add more choice as to which part of the ground people chose to occupy, would be the same price, when ever and how ever the tickets were purchased.
To do so, the following price structure would need to be introduced :

Full Adult ages 16 - 65 ...................£16.00 (all areas, terrace or stand)
Senior 60+......................................£10.00 (all areas, terrace or stand)
Child under 16 *..............................£ 5.00 (all areas, terrace or stand)

* small children like babies in arms would be free, with the rule of thumb being:
"if they can stand on their feet, or sit in a seat, they have to pay"

Average ticket price = £10.33.... SAME AS IT IS NOW

So let's get rid of 50% of the pricing brackets..... Young Adult, Under 12, Under 6....all gone.

I was going to Somerton at 14 yrs of age travelling from Cardiff...no age checks.
Leave that to parents. Frankly if they don't know where their 7 yr old is at 3:00 pm on a Saturday they need to ask why.

Just keep it simple, and let fans fit into IT, not the other way around.

EDIT****
Before anyone asks, an adult Season Ticket would be £320...giving 3 games free, Senior £200, Under 16 £100

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: I think George's point is that we are not speculating on age as it is stated as club policy.
My point is "Sixteen seems very high if that's the rule". As the words say.
Forgive me for missing the 'if'.

On the main thrust of your post, I still agree. I seem to recall reading that under 16's or perhaps 16 and under needed to be accompanied by an adult. Where I read it, assuming my memory isn't playing tricks I don't recall. Perhaps someone else does?
the accompanied by an adult gives an even bigger reason for those who bought inappropriate tickets to bottle out of attending the game when they heard there would be checks on the gates.
time for you to retract your accusations of lying wouldn't you say?

xisle wrote: the accompanied by an adult gives an even bigger reason for those who bought inappropriate tickets to bottle out of attending the game when they heard there would be checks on the gates.
You don't give up do you. Fair play. However Xisle you will be sad to hear that it is still my belief that the club chose to close ticket sales not that all available tickets had been sold. But I have said I could be wrong and if Kevin states that I am I will gladly retract.

Let me help you though on something of which I'm sure. Kevin Ward posted up that on a few occasions I had had to apologise to him for hurling abuse at him. That is untrue. I am prepared to accept that whilst that which Kevin said is damaging and untrue his misrepresentation was only negligent. However if he chooses to not retract it, having been told he is wrong, it becomes a lie. Unlike Kevin I couldn't give a toss what anyone calls me.

However if you are really so concerned I suggest you message Kevin. I already have done, he has chosen not to reply.

Now please, can we move on?

Fourthousand wrote:
The Cat wrote:My boys are 16 and 14, they come to Newport with me but hardly ever go through the turnstiles with me, as they meet their mates. They've never been told they need an adult with them.
On season ticket pricing as a * on U16's - must be accompanied
I'm always there but never go in with them, so it's not enforced ( at least for my 2)

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
xisle wrote: the accompanied by an adult gives an even bigger reason for those who bought inappropriate tickets to bottle out of attending the game when they heard there would be checks on the gates.
You don't give up do you. Fair play. However Xisle you will be sad to hear that it is still my belief that the club chose to close ticket sales not that all available tickets had been sold. But I have said I could be wrong and if Kevin states that I am I will gladly retract.
kevin has already said that all tickets were sold

Re: Empty seats in the stand 6,705 attendance.
by Kevin Ward » January 6th, 2019, 10:56 pm

The capacity for today’s match was 6,865 for the reasons correctly stated by excessbee. All tickets were sold.

Now can we all get on with celebrating an historic result for our club?

Cheers
Kev Ward

pretty clear wouldnt you say? now that you know you are wrong I look forward to your retraction

xisle wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
kevin has already said that all tickets were sold

Re: Empty seats in the stand 6,705 attendance.
by Kevin Ward » January 6th, 2019, 10:56 pm

The capacity for today’s match was 6,865 for the reasons correctly stated by excessbee. All tickets were sold.

Now can we all get on with celebrating an historic result for our club?

Cheers
Kev Ward

pretty clear wouldnt you say? now that you know you are wrong I look forward to your retraction

To be clear. The word lie is emotive. Whilst it is still my belief that County chose to close the sale of tickets by saying it was an official sell out and that had anyone wished to have bought on Saturday night they would have been able to do so, it would have been far wiser on my part to have used less emotive language.

Further if you read my posts, I have made it clear that in the situation of only a few tickets remaining I not only can see why the club said the game was a sell out, as opposed to saying to directly saying all the tickets were sold but would have used the same terminology myself. Finally if you read the exact words I wrote to Kevin in response his post on Sunday night they were not that he was a liar but that I didn't believe him. And of course I still don't. But when he wrote all the tickets were sold I not only accept that Kevin could have believed all the tickets were sold but to be fair, I suspect strongly that that is in fact the case.

Now I could take the moral high ground but I won't. I could argue that I didn't call Kevin a liar. I said the club had lied. I could argue that I strongly believe that technically I'm right. In fact technically I believe I am. But to do so would be ungenerous. I should not have used the word lie, I can understand why Kevin Ward was upset. It was not my intention to upset him. So for that I apologise to Kevin for any embarrassment caused.

Now Kevin has posted up a number of serious allegations about me. They are untrue and Kevin knows them to be untrue. Further when he made them he was negligent in the extreme. But I believe he was firing from the hip when he was angry. Whether he is prepared to acknowledge that is a matter for him.

Now tell me Xisle, are you going to be as vitriolic in your endless communications you're going to have with Mr Ward?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: Finally if you read the exact words I wrote to Kevin in response his post on Sunday night they were not that he was a liar but that I didn't believe him.
and there we have it
when you were talking about the club you sprinkled the word lie like confetti
kevin replied to your accusations of the club but rather than repeat your accusations directly to him we read weasel words instead
thats when we knew the score
if you want to regain a shred of credibility have the courage of your convictions in future ex-fan