Re: Forty Years Ago Today

worksop amber wrote:Me too Neddy I was 16
Looking at the West Ham team again there wasn't much resting players going on then was there
Kid. I was 21.

My best memory of that night was I went with a mate who had never seen a game before. Very late on we had this conversation as I gazed at the floor.

What's happened?

West Ham have f@cking equalized.

Bren, why are all the West Ham players surrounding the referee?

40 years, Jeez

Alan G Bryant wrote:Great memories of our youth for so many of us. It is also testament to the hard work of all club officials, directors and volunteers both past and present that have worked tirelessly to ensure the Newport kids of today will have similar memories in 2058.
For the ones who could afford to be there I'm sure the memories will be every bit as sweet.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Great memories of our youth for so many of us. It is also testament to the hard work of all club officials, directors and volunteers both past and present that have worked tirelessly to ensure the Newport kids of today will have similar memories in 2058.
For the ones who could afford to be there I'm sure the memories will be every bit as sweet.
I was there also as a 13 year old and I'm pretty certain they weren't giving tickets away back then. Unfortunately kids who come from deprived backgrounds miss out on many experiences which is a shame, but I don't think Newport County is to blame for this.

The Cat wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I was there also as a 13 year old and I'm pretty certain they weren't giving tickets away back then. Unfortunately kids who come from deprived backgrounds miss out on many experiences which is a shame, but I don't think Newport County is to blame for this.
You can still get in as a 13 year old now. :wink:

The Cat wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
While they probably didn't for the West Ham game, as a youngster I started attending by walking through the open gates at half time. Only later when I had a paper round did I see the start of the game!