Re: Bolton AND Southend

Alan G Bryant wrote:Cannot possibly be true , they both have their own stadiums.
There is a serious point there somewhere. I have read some time ago that it costs about a minimum of half a million annually to maintain a stadium . I don’t know how accurate that figure is but supposing somebody gave us a stadium, could we afford to run it? And how much do we pay for rent? At least if we owned it we could maximise income from sales.

lowandhard wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Cannot possibly be true , they both have their own stadiums.
There is a serious point there somewhere. I have read some time ago that it costs about a minimum of half a million annually to maintain a stadium . I don’t know how accurate that figure is but supposing somebody gave us a stadium, could we afford to run it? And how much do we pay for rent? At least if we owned it we could maximise income from sales.

I agree , it might well be the case that the deal we have at RP is actually very good for us. It has after all facilitated the best period in our recent history

Alan G Bryant wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

I agree , it might well be the case that the deal we have at RP is actually very good for us. It has after all facilitated the best period in our recent history
Walsall pay £450k per annum to rent their Stadium.. off their Chairman who also owns the lions share of the club but runs them as 2 seperate businesses, the rental monies go into his and his brother's personal pension ISA (allegedly as I have read it elsewhere and paraphrased it here)

To have our own stadium we would have to fork out loads of money that we dont have (don't really matter at this stage whether It's 6 or16 m as we haven't even got the pot to...) and then it doesn't come free to maintain/'man it' etc. We ain't going to be able to do this any time soon - time to get real.

When we are in a position to declare that we have a sustainable business then we can move onto the next stage of our development/progress ..and only then.We are not there yet - not by a long way.

lowandhard wrote:
That's the good thing about renting, we don't have to pay any money towards maintaining the stadium.

Marky wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
That's the good thing about renting, we don't have to pay any money towards maintaining the stadium.
Under our agreement with the WRU, we do. Hence our contribution of one third of the cost of the new pitch.

lowandhard wrote:
Admittedly I hadn't even considered the cost of stadium maintenance, as I have dismissed that possibilty for us, but that cost must vary enormously from one stadium to another e.g Wembley compared to FGR's ground.

Amberexile wrote:
Marky wrote:
Amberexile wrote: Under our agreement with the WRU, we do. Hence our contribution of one third of the cost of the new pitch.
We must have a really long-term lease then.
It terminates 7th June 2023.
May or not be relevent, but as the WRU are currently in consultation with the regions about their funding for the future; with a wide spread belief/fear that the Dragons will not be receiving as much as the others, and may even be looking at a reduction to what they are receiving presently. This would suggest they will be wanting to continue with the lease.

We must have a really long-term lease then.[/quote]

It terminates 7th June 2023.[/quote]

May or not be relevent, but as the WRU are currently in consultation with the regions about their funding for the future; with a wide spread belief/fear that the Dragons will not be receiving as much as the others, and may even be looking at a reduction to what they are receiving presently. This would suggest they will be wanting to continue with the lease.[/quote]

As a club I strongly believe we will get a chance to buy RP in the future as circumstances change in the Welsh Rugby game. We need to be in a position to take advantage of that in 3/4 years time - that means driving our revenue now so we can negotiate.
The Council - for now - deems RP to be for sporting activity - therefore potential buyers of RP would be limited to a few sporting organisations in Newport!! We need to have the money or part money if a share.
We don't want or need a benefactor because in the future they could sell up and out (boy have we seen it before). The Council may be forced /coercered into changing the status from 'sporting' use.

We Newport County (Business) as is constituitionally set up now need to get money in the coffers - how? grow revenue streams - more in than going out. REVENUE REVENUE REVENUE generation.