Re: Age checks on Gate

[quote="B0mbshell"]I got to the Bisley turnstile around 30 mins before kick off. There were 5 of us and we all had our tickets checked by a lady before we went through turnstile to scan our tickets.[/quote

Yes i had that experience also. Some of the stewards were pretending they were checking you were at the correct gate or you knew which end to put your ticket into the scanner, but nevertheless it allowed them to quickly check if had an age group ticket that it didn't appear you were entitled to.

I’m so glad the club are doing this. When I was approaching the ground a few games ago I overheard a couple of twenty-odd year olds discussing that it was easy to get in with a juvenile ticket, so the scam was out there and being used ( not necessarily by them ). Having said that, I feel we should develop a system where those on low income and those receiving state aid got discounted tickets.

lowandhard wrote:I’m so glad the club are doing this. When I was approaching the ground a few games ago I overheard a couple of twenty-odd year olds discussing that it was easy to get in with a juvenile ticket, so the scam was out there and being used ( not necessarily by them ). Having said that, I feel we should develop a system where those on low income and those receiving state aid got discounted tickets.

What we need is a simpler, clearer, fairer pricing structure, not MORE pricing bands.
Nominally, a "low wage" is one where your national insurance payment is higher than your tax (excluding other deductions)....currently this occurs at around £16,950 per annum., which for someone on 36 hrs a week comes out at £9.05 per hour.

I don't think people on £9.05 an hour deserve cheap football tickets.
We'd have to check their payslips at the turnstiles. We'd have to check their state benefit status.

It' s fairer pricing all round we need (not that our current pricing is extortionate at £10.33 average ticket) butwe have to stop trying to include everyone. We cannot be responsible for people's income levels.
In life there are things different people can't afford....that's life.
What I definitely WOULD say though, is we should follow QPR's example and let people donate their unused Season Ticket seats into a pot, which are then issued to those who might otherwise not be attending games....a kind of "ticket bank" version of a Foodbank.
But more ticket bands at cheaper prices is NOT the way to do it in my opinion. FEWER bands with fairer prices is. Fairer doesn't mean cheaper for everyone.

newgroundrodney wrote:
lowandhard wrote:I’m so glad the club are doing this. When I was approaching the ground a few games ago I overheard a couple of twenty-odd year olds discussing that it was easy to get in with a juvenile ticket, so the scam was out there and being used ( not necessarily by them ). Having said that, I feel we should develop a system where those on low income and those receiving state aid got discounted tickets.

What we need is a simpler, clearer, fairer pricing structure, not MORE pricing bands.
Nominally, a "low wage" is one where your national insurance payment is higher than your tax (excluding other deductions)....currently this occurs at around £16,950 per annum., which for someone on 36 hrs a week comes out at £9.05 per hour.

We'd have to check their payslips at the turnstiles. We'd have to check their state benefit status.

It' s fairer pricing all round we need (not that our current pricing is extortionate at £10.33 average ticket) butwe have to stop trying to include everyone. We cannot be responsible for people's income levels.
What I definitely WOULD say though, is we should follow QPR's example and let people donate their unused Season Ticket seats into a pot, which are then issued to those who might otherwise not be attending games....a kind of "ticket bank" version of a Foodbank.
But more ticket bands at cheaper prices is NOT the way to do it in my opinion. FEWER bands with fairer prices is. Fairer doesn't mean cheaper for everyone.
Agree with a bit of this. My view is this club is a business not a charity - if you don't see the value then don't go to the game - go do something else. Our focus os a business should be building the brand/adding value/making the product attractive not wasting time fretting about dragging the 'poor' and disintetested through the door. Again this is a Business - nothing wrong in trying a few promotional activities as we are doing now and then but don't tick off the bread and butter season ticket holders.

I don't think QPR us a good example - we are not QPR - they have a totalling different financial structure to ourselves - literally we are not in the same league. ST idea unworkable as a process unless it was 'allowed to pass on to a friend but why would the club sanction this?

We are a business and quite probably classified currently as an unsustainable one (if it were not for cup runs and player sales keeping us 'in the game'). So let's focus on the driving value/driving the brand/driving new revenue streams that currently are not there - Bar Amber is a good example of a newly created one. More of that. I've suggested electronic advertising screens on M4 that works well for other clubs (similar to our level). But let's stop ffretting over the ticket price - we can't 'afford' to tinker at the edges.

Fourthousand wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:

Agree with a bit of this. My view is this club is a business not a charity - if you don't see the value then don't go to the game - go do something else. Our focus os a business should be building the brand/adding value/making the product attractive not wasting time fretting about dragging the 'poor' and disintetested through the door. Again this is a Business - nothing wrong in trying a few promotional activities as we are doing now and then but don't tick off the bread and butter season ticket holders.

I don't think QPR us a good example - we are not QPR - they have a totalling different financial structure to ourselves - literally we are not in the same league. ST idea unworkable as a process unless it was 'allowed to pass on to a friend but why would the club sanction this?

We are a business and quite probably classified currently as an unsustainable one (if it were not for cup runs and player sales keeping us 'in the game'). So let's focus on the driving value/driving the brand/driving new revenue streams that currently are not there - Bar Amber is a good example of a newly created one. More of that. I've suggested electronic advertising screens on M4 that works well for other clubs (similar to our level). But let's stop ffretting over the ticket price - we can't 'afford' to tinker at the edges.
It wouldn't be difficult to implement at all, you're over thinking it a bit.
All they need is an A4 piece of paper, with details of what ST seats are not required for which games.
e.g I just a few moments ago, booked for QPR v Birmingham City on Sat 9th February. So fully one month in advance I know 100% that I do not need my seat for the Mansfield Town (h) game....... why can I not ring the club and ask them to add it to the "TicketBank Pot"?..... they could then issue it to whoever the club feels is most appropriate: A charity worker, a Scout leader, or anyone else who will have PRE REGISTERED to be included in the pot.....why can that NOT happen in this day and age?
I also have a ticket for Exeter City (h), cos I'm at QPR v Preston N E that day......
It can't be that hard to do.
How the club determines who is eligible to register for the "TicketBank" is a matter for them.......but I have at least TWO tickets available where someone could be sat there in my stead, someone who may get bitten by the County bug and become a fan for life....at no cost to the club, cos guess what, my seat is paid for, even if it stays EMPTY.
Why is that too hard to arrange?

Fourthousand wrote:I'll give up my season ticket when It's implemented as I have a pretty good chance of qualifying - might be able to afford a little holiday on the back of it - look out volunteers in the shop more work coming your way.
.....and in a few short lines a chance to engage with the community is swept away!

newgroundrodney wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:I'll give up my season ticket when It's implemented as I have a pretty good chance of qualifying - might be able to afford a little holiday on the back of it - look out volunteers in the shop more work coming your way.
.....and in a few short lines a chance to engage with the community is swept away!

Other ways of doing it than just free tickets imo.
This is a business - harsh but we
need some hard headed accountants in the management team.