Re: Bolton AND Southend

Amberexile wrote:
Marky wrote:
Amberexile wrote: Under our agreement with the WRU, we do. Hence our contribution of one third of the cost of the new pitch.
We must have a really long-term lease then.
It terminates 7th June 2023.
Sounds like an outstanding deal. Surely negotiated by somebody with real business acumen.

Personally I'm glad we have a fantastic 'new pitch - we had to contribute - sounds about right to me. Of course I watch the team week in week out and prefer to see the game played against a green backcloth rather than brown and on grass rather than mud and sand (50/50 consistency).
It shouldn't be of too much matter of course to people who don't watch the matches nor pay monies in to the Trust.

Fourthousand wrote:Personally I'm glad we have a fantastic 'new pitch - we had to contribute - sounds about right to me. Of course I watch the team well in week out and prefer to see the game played against a green backcloth rather than brown and on grass rather than mud and sand (50/50 consistency).
It shouldn't be of too much matter of course to people who don't watch the club nor pay monies in to the Trust.

Try reading The ragged trousered philanthropist's by Robert Tressell. For me the most life view changing book I have ever read.

One small part. A worker rents a cottage. He pays his rent and after a few years has paid far more in rent than the cottage is worth. His landlord then puts up his rent. Said worker is rightly perplexed. Why? He asks. Not only have I paid my rent but I have decorated the house, put in new windows and doors.

Precisely says the landlord. I'm charging more rent because you're living in a nicer house now.

Fourthousand wrote:We must have a really long-term lease then.
It terminates 7th June 2023.[/quote]

May or not be relevent, but as the WRU are currently in consultation with the regions about their funding for the future; with a wide spread belief/fear that the Dragons will not be receiving as much as the others, and may even be looking at a reduction to what they are receiving presently. This would suggest they will be wanting to continue with the lease.[/quote]

As a club I strongly believe we will get a chance to buy RP in the future as circumstances change in the Welsh Rugby game. We need to be in a position to take advantage of that in 3/4 years time - that means driving our revenue now so we can negotiate.
The Council - for now - deems RP to be for sporting activity - therefore potential buyers of RP would be limited to a few sporting organisations in Newport!! We need to have the money or part money if a share.
We don't want or need a benefactor because in the future they could sell up and out (boy have we seen it before). The Council may be forced /coercered into changing the status from 'sporting' use.

We Newport County (Business) as is constituitionally set up now need to get money in the coffers - how? grow revenue streams - more in than going out. REVENUE REVENUE REVENUE generation.[/quote]

.........................................................................................
Again, all fair points you make, but touching on what I said previously, (a) what if we DON'T get a chance to buy RP?...(b) what is the cut off point for raising the revenue to the levels you feel we need?
In many communications, quotes etc, the rugby have failed to even mention Newport County AFC by name as even a stakeholder...
It's my belief, that we'll hit a cut off point for developing a new ground, so that option will be gone, we'll hit a cut off point for redeveloping Newport Athletic Stadium (cos that's what it is!) so that option will be gone, and we'll reach (perhaps a lot later) the cut off point for negotiating a move to another ground. My worry is, we'll be left with great income streams, some money in the bank, stable attendances, BUT NOWHERE TO PLAY..... that's my worry. As much as, we do need to grow revenue streams as you rightly say..... when do we need to do it by to ensure we can reach and pay for at least ONE of those three options?

(that's even if we'd be ALLOWED to take over Spytty....has anyone checked whether it's an option as a PLAYING venue should it be needed?)

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:Personally I'm glad we have a fantastic 'new pitch - we had to contribute - sounds about right to me. Of course I watch the team well in week out and prefer to see the game played against a green backcloth rather than brown and on grass rather than mud and sand (50/50 consistency).
It shouldn't be of too much matter of course to people who don't watch the club nor pay monies in to the Trust.

Try reading The ragged trousered philanthropist's by Robert Tressell. For me the most life view changing book I have ever read.

One small part. A worker rents a cottage. He pays his rent and after a few years has paid far more in rent than the cottage is worth. His landlord then puts up his rent. Said worker is rightly perplexed. Why? He asks. Not only have I paid my rent but I have decorated the house, put in new windows and doors.

Precisely says the landlord. I'm charging more rent because you're living in a nicer house now.
He tried playing football but didnt have football boots so kept falling over -- Beano Annual 1963.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:We must have a really long-term lease then.
It terminates 7th June 2023.
May or not be relevent, but as the WRU are currently in consultation with the regions about their funding for the future; with a wide spread belief/fear that the Dragons will not be receiving as much as the others, and may even be looking at a reduction to what they are receiving presently. This would suggest they will be wanting to continue with the lease.[/quote]

As a club I strongly believe we will get a chance to buy RP in the future as circumstances change in the Welsh Rugby game. We need to be in a position to take advantage of that in 3/4 years time - that means driving our revenue now so we can negotiate.
The Council - for now - deems RP to be for sporting activity - therefore potential buyers of RP would be limited to a few sporting organisations in Newport!! We need to have the money or part money if a share.
We don't want or need a benefactor because in the future they could sell up and out (boy have we seen it before). The Council may be forced /coercered into changing the status from 'sporting' use.

We Newport County (Business) as is constituitionally set up now need to get money in the coffers - how? grow revenue streams - more in than going out. REVENUE REVENUE REVENUE generation.[/quote]

.........................................................................................
Again, all fair points you make, but touching on what I said previously, (a) what if we DON'T get a chance to buy RP?...(b) what is the cut off point for raising the revenue to the levels you feel we need?
In many communications, quotes etc, the rugby have failed to even mention Newport County AFC by name as even a stakeholder...
It's my belief, that we'll hit a cut off point for developing a new ground, so that option will be gone, we'll hit a cut off point for redeveloping Newport Athletic Stadium (cos that's what it is!) so that option will be gone, and we'll reach (perhaps a lot later) the cut off point for negotiating a move to another ground. My worry is, we'll be left with great income streams, some money in the bank, stable attendances, BUT NOWHERE TO PLAY..... that's my worry. As much as, we do need to grow revenue streams as you rightly say..... when do we need to do it by to ensure we can reach and pay for at least ONE of those three options?

(that's even if we'd be ALLOWED to take over Spytty....has anyone checked whether it's an option as a PLAYING venue should it be needed?)[/quote]

IF the lease is up in 4 years as I mentioned before we should have a sub team looking at all options but without any/enough cash in the bank we are well and truly buggeged if we have to move. If we don't have to move we take on a new negotiated tenancy contract.
We need cash to have options for securing equity/ anything more than the zero we have now - revenue revenue revenue.

rncfc wrote: Sounds like an outstanding deal. Surely negotiated by somebody with real business acumen.
Total genius; all the costs of part-ownership with none of the security. With a million quid from last year's cup run and half a million plus from this season's cup run we should have plenty of money in the bank.

Marky wrote:
rncfc wrote: Sounds like an outstanding deal. Surely negotiated by somebody with real business acumen.
Total genius; all the costs of part-ownership with none of the security. With a million quid from last year's cup run and half a million plus from this season's cup run we should have plenty of money in the bank.
Not if the business is running at an unsustainable level - each and every year we have to plug the gaps - you know that.

When we stop filling the gaps we are either out of business or preferably able to accumulate cash.

Fourthousand wrote:
Marky wrote:
Not if the business is running at an unsustainable level - each and every year we have to plug the gaps - you know that.

When we stop filling the gaps we are either out of business or preferably able to accumulate cash.
It would be good to understand why we remain unsustainable even with these added windfalls, because if that truly is the case then there is no hope of us surviving as a L2 club with the current ownership structure once our luck runs out.

Fourthousand wrote:
Marky wrote:

So we're running out of Polyfilla?

rncfc wrote:[......................................we remain unsustainable even with these added windfalls, because if that truly is the case then there is no hope of us surviving as a L2 club with the current ownership structure once our luck runs out.
Either this evening or tomorrow I'll post up my views on Youtube on this topic.

There is a lot of interesting views here and I don't want my posting leading some others to start a slugfest.

I do have a real problem here. I disagree with what rncfc says in the quote above, but fear he may be right. Once my video is up I'll let you know.

Best wishes,

Stan.