Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
I do sincerely feel that you believe youself to be intellectually superior to all others on this board.

You are wrong.

I am certainly no more gifted in terms of emotional intelligence than most people. I far to often fire from the hip. I can be on many occasions bombastic and too determined to win an argument rather than persuade. Worse at times I can be a complete idiot, Far too often engaging in petty little squabbles. And my academic record, while good, is far from outstanding. I'm also convinced that intelligence is probably an overrated virtue. Hard work mattering so much more than some artificial gift over which we have no control.

I also would never use a term like intellectually superior. A ridiculous and arrogant word to use or claim. Also I am certain that there are people who come on this board who have a higher IQ than me. I certainly met many in my twenty years as a barrister.

You are wrong. But with an IQ of 148 I suspect I am not intellectually inferior to most of the people on this board either.
Sounds like a similar I.Q. to Donald Trump.
Didnt realize he had one

Handolucifer wrote:Frank, I suspect you ,and your Dad , have contributed blood , sweat, and, we all know, HUGE amount of tears for our club. The money goes without saying! It is beyond belief that our ( strangely replicating) hardcore of 3000 have sustained this club for over 100 years. I do struggle with imagining where our next generation of supporters will come from. I live in Exeter. I am not on the local pulse. Do you think there are enough people with time and skills to come together in Newport to form a group who can take us forward? I think the current directors are doing a good job, bearing in mind they have their day jobs. My ideal would be for a group of local fans to form a group, who report to and have the confidence (and authority) of, the directors, to investigate the options of our long term home. on another thread, the focus is on a sustainable business model. I agree . Whilst that is developed, the future needs to be designed. We have 4 options. Manage a long term residency at RP, Develop Spytty, Build our own ground, Ground share elsewhere. Clearly money is the top of the list of facilitation. However, in this day and age of technology , it is not that hard to create a feasibility study for each of these options. Clearly, reference will need to be made to the requisite league facility requirements. I will be happy to contribute what I can but, if it can happen, a group of local people will be necessary to take it forward.
Now that is a very interesting post. I hope you don't mind but I would add something to it. You are an exile, so am I. There is a vast amount of untapped resource out there, namely the exile community. I completely get your point about having a hardcore group of local people supporting the board, but the potential for additional contribution is massive.

In the past, in a small way I have offered support to a board member but I didn't get a reply. Were there to be some sort of exiles action croup that could contribute is some way to supporting the club behind the scenes, I would contribute if I could. I must point out that I am no leader, I am no instigator but I can contribute to the team. If you would like to PM me, perhaps I can let you know what I can offer. I am thinking along the lines of admin support, attempting to raise revenue, community issues etc. Perhaps we can get something going, you never know. Just a thought.

pembsexile wrote:
Handolucifer wrote:Frank, I suspect you ,and your Dad , have contributed blood , sweat, and, we all know, HUGE amount of tears for our club. The money goes without saying! It is beyond belief that our ( strangely replicating) hardcore of 3000 have sustained this club for over 100 years. I do struggle with imagining where our next generation of supporters will come from. I live in Exeter. I am not on the local pulse. Do you think there are enough people with time and skills to come together in Newport to form a group who can take us forward? I think the current directors are doing a good job, bearing in mind they have their day jobs. My ideal would be for a group of local fans to form a group, who report to and have the confidence (and authority) of, the directors, to investigate the options of our long term home. on another thread, the focus is on a sustainable business model. I agree . Whilst that is developed, the future needs to be designed. We have 4 options. Manage a long term residency at RP, Develop Spytty, Build our own ground, Ground share elsewhere. Clearly money is the top of the list of facilitation. However, in this day and age of technology , it is not that hard to create a feasibility study for each of these options. Clearly, reference will need to be made to the requisite league facility requirements. I will be happy to contribute what I can but, if it can happen, a group of local people will be necessary to take it forward.
Now that is a very interesting post. I hope you don't mind but I would add something to it. You are an exile, so am I. There is a vast amount of untapped resource out there, namely the exile community. I completely get your point about having a hardcore group of local people supporting the board, but the potential for additional contribution is massive.

In the past, in a small way I have offered support to a board member but I didn't get a reply. Were there to be some sort of exiles action croup that could contribute is some way to supporting the club behind the scenes, I would contribute if I could. I must point out that I am no leader, I am no instigator but I can contribute to the team. If you would like to PM me, perhaps I can let you know what I can offer. I am thinking along the lines of admin support, attempting to raise revenue, community issues etc. Perhaps we can get something going, you never know. Just a thought.

Why not just stand for election in the summer ?

Thanks Pembs, I'll be in touch. Alan, unfortunately my location and job makes that unrealistic, as well as having been involved for a long stint before.. The other option regarding a ground is obviously some Kind of ownership/equity stake at RP. Most of what I know about our relationships with WRU/council I get from this forum and from that I am not encouraged about any prospect of an influential stake in RP. I may be wrong, others locally may know factors which make it more feasible.

Handolucifer wrote:Thanks Pembs, I'll be in touch. Alan, unfortunately my location and job makes that unrealistic, as well as having been involved for a long stint before.. The other option regarding a ground is obviously some Kind of ownership/equity stake at RP. Most of what I know about our relationships with WRU/council I get from this forum and from that I am not encouraged about any prospect of an influential stake in RP. I may be wrong, others locally may know factors which make it more feasible.
Hi,

I live in the far northwest of England and being only 16 and still in school can't really get to see County. Hope that changes. I think that it would be great if someone with your opinions and history of organization was to organize a group for County fans all over the country.

Someone needs to do it because I think if they did more people would give money to help the club. An ex director and somebody who is so good at getting things done, like you would be a brilliant person to do this. And living so far from Newport you understand how difficult it can be.

I can help you with WhatsApp and things like that if you think it wood help.

Hello Len, what a brilliant post! 16 and in the North West! How did you find us? I see you have posted before but apologies for not knowing your connection with the club. You obviously know your club history with your ref to Len.A great keeper I saw in the 60's and 70's. Yes, and your skills and enthusiasm will be valuable if we can progress this. However, it does need to be driven by people in or around Newport with us far away folk contributing what we can. I hope somebody in Newport can step up to this.

Lenwearesaved wrote:
Handolucifer wrote:Thanks Pembs, I'll be in touch. Alan, unfortunately my location and job makes that unrealistic, as well as having been involved for a long stint before.. The other option regarding a ground is obviously some Kind of ownership/equity stake at RP. Most of what I know about our relationships with WRU/council I get from this forum and from that I am not encouraged about any prospect of an influential stake in RP. I may be wrong, others locally may know factors which make it more feasible.
Hi,

I live in the far northwest of England and being only 16 and still in school can't really get to see County. Hope that changes. I think that it would be great if someone with your opinions and history of organization was to organize a group for County fans all over the country.

Someone needs to do it because I think if they did more people would give money to help the club. An ex director and somebody who is so good at getting things done, like you would be a brilliant person to do this. And living so far from Newport you understand how difficult it can be.

I can help you with WhatsApp and things like that if you think it wood help.
Can I just say you sound quite mature for your age. Were in the Northwest of England are you from?

For a person who loves Newport County so much And who criticises other people a lot. Did you really help to start Newport County on road to where they are to day. If that is correct then you wouldn't mind telling us what your title was when you became one of Directors of the 1989 group. I know you said that they called you "The Fixer" but that makes you sound as if you have connection with or part of the criminal world?

Handolucifer wrote:Hello Len, what a brilliant post! 16 and in the North West! How did you find us? I see you have posted before but apologies for not knowing your connection with the club. You obviously know your club history with your ref to Len.A great keeper I saw in the 60's and 70's. Yes, and your skills and enthusiasm will be valuable if we can progress this. However, it does need to be driven by people in or around Newport with us far away folk contributing what we can. I hope somebody in Newport can step up to this.
I didn't realise that Len Played in the 70's?

Handolucifer wrote:I have previously explained the “fixer” reference. And, yes, I did help Newport County on the road to where WE are today. I have also, above, described what I think we can do together to progress this club. Can you help?
Unfortunately I'm unable help at this moment in time. With your knowledge of running a football club maybe you could advise the Directors on where they are going wrong?

Handolucifer wrote:Hello Len, what a brilliant post! 16 and in the North West! How did you find us? I see you have posted before but apologies for not knowing your connection with the club. You obviously know your club history with your ref to Len.A great keeper I saw in the 60's and 70's. Yes, and your skills and enthusiasm will be valuable if we can progress this. However, it does need to be driven by people in or around Newport with us far away folk contributing what we can. I hope somebody in Newport can step up to this.

Do you know what I believe. I believe that you and Lenwearesaved are the same Person?

The Newport wrote:

Do you know what I believe. I believe that you and Lenwearesaved are the same Person?
In fairness to Handoflucifer, I had a PM from Lenthegloved and he Lucifer are not the same person.

Whether Handoflucifer is an original director in charge of fixing for the renaissance Newport AFC I very much doubt but he and Len ain't the same.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
The Newport wrote:

In fairness to Handoflucifer, I had a PM from Lenthegloved and he Lucifer are not the same person.

Whether Handoflucifer is an original director in charge of fixing for the renaissance Newport AFC I very much doubt but he and Len ain't the same.
There's no F in Handolucifer ;-)

While we know David doesn't live in Exeter, why is it that you believe Handolucifer is a liar?

Bangitintrnet wrote:
There's no F in Handolucifer ;-)

While we know David doesn't live in Exeter, why is it that you believe Handolucifer is a liar?[/quote]

I don't. He hasn't claimed to be an original director, has he?.

Help me, why do you believe he doesn't live in Exeter, and what on earth makes you think he's called David?