Re: Cup revenue

Bangitintrnet wrote:Empty advertising boards for the Leicester game????
Yes, about half of the Bisley side was blank boards or no boards at all. You must have been in the Bisley and didn't see them, only the nice electronic ones?

Even if they used some of those behind the electronic ones it would have looked better than none at all.[/quote]

This is where if the club took the trouble to communicate with fans we could advance.

You spotted something which you believe could be improved upon. Surely rather than seek to blame anyone it is the type of thing the club should now be aware of for next time. Criticism is a positive thing. Really powerful people welcome it.[/quote]

I heard that last season the advertising around the pitch for televised games was priced a bit low, as we hadn't had a big game for some time.
So I guess the rates were more realistic this year. I believe that the cost for the electronic advertising at the Wembley replay was tens of thousands per minute.[/quote]

I remember it said at one of the meetings that had the Spurs game been on BBC and not BT, that advertising revenue on the electronic boards would have been a £1000 per minute. Well the last game was!

I remember it said at one of the meetings that had the Spurs game been on BBC and not BT, that advertising revenue on the electronic boards would have been a £1000 per minute. Well the last game was!

The electronic boards are used for a global audience and therefore an agency, possibly the one that Leicester use, would be able to maximize revenue. This is where beefing up our commercial department is pointless as the real knowledge/value is better elsewhere.

I know of some friends who have been trying to book some hospitality for a forthcoming game and getting no response despite the office promising someone will call them. If we can’t even maximise revenue from those willing to offer it gift-wrapped I’d suggest we need to rectify those basics before we widen the net.

Collars wrote:I know of some friends who have been trying to book some hospitality for a forthcoming game and getting no response despite the office promising someone will call them. If we can’t even maximise revenue from those willing to offer it gift-wrapped I’d suggest we need to rectify those basics before we widen the net.
T
Yes gift wrapped evenue- what are they doing that is more important than that.I can't imagine what unless it's a fire they are putting out.

Alan G Bryant wrote:After reading Chris Kirwaun in the Argus today I think Mr Butress should be more concerned with addressing the Dragons supporters , not us.
Alan, let me help you with this. Most of us are capable of engaging in more than one pursuit, doing more than one task and talking to more than one person at the same time.

Are you far less able than the rest of us or are you simply trying to be a smart-arse?

Alan G Bryant wrote:After reading Chris Kirwaun in the Argus today I think Mr Butress should be more concerned with addressing the Dragons supporters , not us.
.....and given the response from your good self and a few others , you may be right . A waste of breath, why would anyone bother with that attitude ?

My understanding of televised games is that the main/national advertising on the pitch side LED boards is part of the (£175K) tv money. Our Club has the opportunity to then sell some space locally to earn extra revenue. This they did, with a few local people enjoying there exposure in front of a huge audience. This was NOT £1000 a minute. I would be surprised if the Club raised much more than £10-15K from local adverts on the LED boards, however it's all extra and very welcome. One concern would have been to our normal advertisers whose boards could not be seen.

countyareup wrote:My understanding of televised games is that the main/national advertising on the pitch side LED boards is part of the (£175K) tv money. Our Club has the opportunity to then sell some space locally to earn extra revenue. This they did, with a few local people enjoying there exposure in front of a huge audience. This was NOT £1000 a minute. I would be surprised if the Club raised much more than £10-15K from local adverts on the LED boards, however it's all extra and very welcome. One concern would have been to our normal advertisers whose boards could not be seen.
You seem so certain on what is NOT, do you have inside information? It was our last CEO who stated that had the Spurs game been on the BBC and not BT, that the advertising would have been £1000 per minute. If we didn’t charge that rate to the likes of Interbet then the Club has missed a massive money making opportunity, as 10 minutes national prime time exposure for only £10k to an audience of 5.3 million seems very cheap to me.

I was offered a deal to go on the board and sponsor a ball for the game and it wasn't £1000 a minute. As a local business they were quite possibly just trying to help us out. Presumably, the other local folk would have been offered similar deals. We declined as we have a match sponsorship coming up.

I agree that the likes of Interbet should pay more. As the Club sponsor, I would imagine a deal was in place for them in these circumstances. I don't know. I was just saying that the local business's would not have paid the big amounts and the mutli nationals are part of the TV deal, I believe.