1989 - A Club Reborn

1989 - A Club Reborn

It is quite often said that Newport County AFC is a 30 year old Club with a 100 year history.
County originally formed in 1912 due to some football-fanatic steelworkers who'd migrated from Birmingham and weren't interested in Rugby which was the sport of choice for the locals.  Almost entirely made up of Wolverhampton Wanderers fans, the steelworkers opted for amber as their team colour and began playing on the fields opposite their workplace, Lysaghts.
Fastforward 77 years and a Club with so much history finds itself bankrupped and falling out of existence.
Just three months later, in May 1989 and thanks to the dedication and hard work of 12 key individuals, a "new" Club was formed ... Newport AFC.

The Twelve Directors

The twelve people who made Newport AFC possible are:

1. David Hando

2. Phil Burgess

3. Ian Bartlett

4. Matrin Greenham

5. Jayne Greenham

6. Marc Williams

7. Dale Williams

8. Hywel Rees

9. Steve Pepperall

10. Mike Everett

11. Wallace Brown

12. David Hicks
Last edited by The Newport on January 12th, 2019, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 1989 - A Club Reborn

The Newport wrote:
IMB wrote:No.

Add:
David Williams
Colin Jones
Ray Taylor
Sorry if there are other Directors. Only found the Twelve Directors.
Just a question were they Directors also?
Where did you get your list? All directors - at any time - are listed in the programme. Get a copy of an early Moreton programme and you will see the 15 listed.

IMB wrote:
The Newport wrote:

Add:
David Williams
Colin Jones
Ray Taylor
Where did you get your list? All directors - at any time - are listed in the programme. Get a copy of an early Moreton programme and you will see the 15 listed.

Online Research. Thank you for your help. I'll get a friend of mine who lives in the Uk to get me an early addition programme (he will most probably charge me a fare bit for it, but it will be worth it).

newgroundrodney wrote:
IMB wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Wallace Brown, I wonder what it would take for him to become involved again?
Move from a rugby ground. Last time I spoke with him that was his reason for staying away.
..... thought i saw him at a game recently... Leicester I think, but don't quote me.
I hope so. Has done so much for the club on so many levels.

IMB wrote:
The Newport wrote:

Add:
David Williams
Colin Jones
Ray Taylor
Another question for you did they all Buy Shares then the 15? As I can't seem find a record of original share holders anywhere. If you could possibly point me in the right direction that would be so helpful thank you.

Online Research. Thank you for your help. I'll get a friend of mine who lives in the Uk to get me an early addition programme (he will most probably charge me a fare bit for it, but it will be worth it).[/quote]

You can if you doubt me but you already have the names of the original 15.

The Newport Wrote:
Online Research. Thank you for your help. I'll get a friend of mine who lives in the Uk to get me an early addition programme (he will most probably charge me a fare bit for it, but it will be worth it).

IMB wrote:
You can if you doubt me but you already have the names of the original 15.
No I don't doubt you. After all in my defence you did say look at the earlier addition programme. Did you not?

Another question for you did they all Buy Shares then the 15? As I can't seem find a record of original share holders anywhere. If you could possibly point me in the right direction that would be so helpful thank you.[/quote]

Yes they did as a condition of Directorship I think. No idea where that Share Register would be I suggest you ring a current Director.

IMB wrote:
The Newport wrote:
Another question for you did they all Buy Shares then the 15? As I can't seem find a record of original share holders anywhere. If you could possibly point me in the right direction that would be so helpful thank you.

IMB wrote:
Yes they did as a condition of Directorship I think. No idea where that Share Register would be I suggest you ring a current Director.
Thank you for your help once again. I have just found something online called Companies House in the Uk. Maybe they can help.

The Newport wrote:
IMB wrote:
The Newport wrote:

IMB wrote:
Thank you for your help once again. I have just found something online called Companies House in the Uk. Maybe they can help.
What exactly are you looking to achieve? If I know what are trying to do I will help if I can.