Re: Our worst run under Flynn so far.....

Flynn has been very lucky as manager - first the Great Escape and two fantastic cup runs but our season is following a similar path like last season. Because of these successes and being a local, he appears to be immune from any criticism but deep down I think we are all now concerned. As he likes to say"dress it up as much as you want" this cup run has papered over the cracks of what is something that is not just a "bad patch" as far as I see it.

I don’t think Flynn can be called lucky - his work for the great escape and the progress since on a limited budget have been well earnt -
However is he perfect? no way , are we going down or into a dog fight , no way in my opinion either - but equally , Are we going up? no.

I’m frustrated by the performances and the decisions as the next man and even he will see he needs to change some starters etc.

I’m not going to go on about who should start and who be dropped etc - but I am off to kick the dog.

Mr Figo wrote:Flynn has been very lucky as manager - first the Great Escape and two fantastic cup runs but our season is following a similar path like last season. Because of these successes and being a local, he appears to be immune from any criticism but deep down I think we are all now concerned. As he likes to say"dress it up as much as you want" this cup run has papered over the cracks of what is something that is not just a "bad patch" as far as I see it.
I’m just glad someone is thinking the same way, this form is very worrying indeed and the bottom teams are picking up points. You can’t operate for a whole season without a midfield and as well as that , selection ( some excuse here with injuries) , tactics and substitutions all worthy of review. This transfer window is becoming a critical one for us.

Yes we are all concerned now. Never been one to over-react, but our dramatic downturn in league form must be of concern even to the most optimistic. We have conceded 45 goals to date. Only 2 other sides in League 2 have worse, and they have both played 2 games more. Therefore the way we are going we could catch them yet. Don't have to be a tactical genius to see where our problems lie. So what can be done to improve matters? barring signing the messiah in the transfer window. How many more points do statisticians say we need to avoid relegation?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Yes we are all concerned now. Never been one to over-react, but our dramatic downturn in league form must be of concern even to the most optimistic. We have conceded 45 goals to date. Only 2 other sides in League 2 have worse, and they have both played 2 games more. Therefore the way we are going we could catch them yet. Don't have to be a tactical genius to see where our problems lie. So what can be done to improve matters? barring signing the messiah in the transfer window. How many more points do statisticians say we need to avoid relegation?
Barnet went down with 51 a few years back and were regarded as unfortunate. Very rare a team stays up with less than 46. Which is only a 5 point span.

Results and performances have plummeted since Cheltenham away.This coincides with Shrewsbury and Bristol interest which may have disrupted the team.It has also happened since MF stated that he wanted to bring in 3 or 4 in January.I stated at the time that the squad was fine and didn't need tinkering.Players have either stopped performing through worry of being kicked out or they expect to go so have lost heart.Poor man management skills I have to say.

Corpaboy wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46766700

No excuses from MF there ?? Apart from "the wind" in the first half !

Really , really worrying League form indeed .
I still don't understand why we sit so deep and invite teams to attack us when we're in front .
Even when the opposition don't appear to be too threatening , we don't edge forward as a unit
School boy stuff .
I said on the match thread,hope we don't sit deep and invite pressure.If we all can see it why can the management not understand it.Schoolboy error by MF and co.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46766700

No excuses from MF there ?? Apart from "the wind" in the first half !

Really , really worrying League form indeed .
I still don't understand why we sit so deep and invite teams to attack us when we're in front .
Even when the opposition don't appear to be too threatening , we don't edge forward as a unit
School boy stuff .
I said on the match thread,hope we don't sit deep and invite pressure.If we all can see it why can the management not understand it.Schoolboy error by MF and co.
We didn't sit back and defend. That was the mistake