My team for Saturday to stop the rot

Day

Franks, O'Brien, Bennett , Demetriou . Neufville

Pipe, Bakinson, Dolan, Butler

Amond

Subs ...Semenyo, Willmott , Sheehan, Matt, Marsh Brown,Forbes Hornby , Townsend

It wont be pretty , set up for a draw and hope we can nick one with a break away or set piece

Interbet have give me odds of 150 -1that this is the team because at least 3 of the subs will be picked by MF in his starting 11( guaranteed :wink: :lol: )

Re: My team for Saturday to stop the rot

Coxy wrote:I like Dolan but he doesn't seem fit to me lately. Was limping and seeking attention going off at half time against Leicester.
You've left out some good players there.

Playing for a draw....bring one or two on if and when Exeter start to get tired....
If we were offered a 0-0 now for Saturday I would take it

We could always try the ' olden days tactics ' of 2 defenders , 3 midfielders and 5 strikers in the hope we can score more than the opposition ?
What was it halfs backs ,inside forwards...Im too young to remember :lol:

Selecting the best formation to the players available needs to be paramount. Forbes and Butler are wing backs are therefore need to be employed in a 5-3-2 system. A back three of Franks Bennett and Micky D would be my preference, Franks can cover the right and Micky D the left Bennett in the centre as he reads the game better than most. A midfield Labadie Bakinson and Crofts would be ideal, with a front two of Podge and semenyo. Playing wing backs means Wilmott on the bench or not selected we need more than the occasional cross. sorry if I offend anyone.
Matt, Sheehan,O'Brien, Dolan, Vashy, and Harris, if we could get him would be my bench.

But as Labadie and Crofts are incapacitated we have no midfield at all, so bring in Sheehan and Dolan and have an attacking formation, playing defensive football is not an option in my opinion, one down and you are stuffed

Need to add I failed as a manager wasn't much better as a player

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Pointless thread
Simple even i could sort this out.
Same team that started against Leicester and tell them to keep playing like that for 90 minutes and no backs to the wall when we go 1or 2 up.
Dan on bench in case the new lad struggles

Should be an easy 4-0 3 points.
Not wanting to take anything and at from the Leicester performance. But had that been a League match we would have said that we rode our luck big time and had Leicester not been almost totally devoid of finishing ability it could have been embarrassing.

However in a way the Leicester and Crewe games combined show that as football is a low scoring game, something even more astounding than our great escape would need to happen for us to get relegated.

I am absolutely not arguing that Flynn should be removed. However I do think he needs to up his game. You can't live on past glories for ever. If at the end of the season we were in a playoff spot then there seems to me to be a strong case for a contract extension. Mid table and he's safe, but if this slide continues then I think it should be made clear that a bad start to next season would put his job in question.

Trev wrote:442
day
forbes/pipe mickey d franks neufville
wilmott bakinson labs butler
podge semenyo /matt
I have even put the two subs in forbes for pipey with 30 mins to go semenyo for matt at half time.

attack down the wings with butler and willmott discuss
That’s as good as we’d be likely to field but do you think Labs will be fit? I’m glad you added the last sentence , without those forward slashes we’d have stood a decent chance with 13 on the pitch :grin:
I’m in no doubt which wing Exeter would attack down though if Forbes and Wilmott were the choices.

lowandhard wrote:
Trev wrote:442
day
forbes/pipe mickey d franks neufville
wilmott bakinson labs butler
podge semenyo /matt
I have even put the two subs in forbes for pipey with 30 mins to go semenyo for matt at half time.

attack down the wings with butler and willmott discuss
That’s as good as we’d be likely to field but do you think Labs will be fit? I’m glad you added the last sentence , without those forward slashes we’d have stood a decent chance with 13 on the pitch :grin:
I’m in no doubt which wing Exeter would attack down though if Forbes and Wilmott were the choices.
Edit: hasn’t Flynn already said unlikely Labs or Croft ready in near future? Perhaps I dreamt it

papajohn wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Day

Franks, O'Brien, Bennett , Demetriou . Neufville

Pipe, Bakinson, Dolan, Butler

Amond
I'd like to see the Neufville/Butler left side set up. Be interesting to see if it could be successful.
I'm attracted to the idea of Neufville/Butler left sided also, but as Sememyo has predominately operated there in recent games it does beg the question where he would play if at all?