Stadium for Newport - NCFC & NRFC unite

Ok, I guess we all agree that we need to sort out the long term future of the ground.
The WRU got a 9 acre bargain and both of the cities clubs now play to their decisions, which is disgraceful.
What I suggest is, we unite, both in terms of fans pressure and financially, and together find a way to get the £ to buy back the ground. With a substantial deposit between us, £2 million even our useless council could chip in and support if we make enough noise.

The WRU want to fold the Dragons, and make 2 regions, West and East anyway.
They have already stated any profits from the Cabbage patch will be split between the 4 regions as they stand.

Newport RFC are a member of both the WRU and the English RFU...I suggest they leave the WRU and enter a team into the RFU system and aim to end up playing those sides who will be ring fenced out of the English top division.

Together we own and use Rodney for the benefit of both the cities teams and it's actually achievable.
Is anyone on here or on the board connected to anyone at NRFC?
I honestly believe we could make it happen.

Re: Stadium for Newport - NCFC & NRFC unite

aberexile wrote:If selling is the WRU's intention (I hope it's not). Why would the WRU sell to us? They could make far more money than they bought it for from selling the land to property investors, a supermarket chain, etc. They're not going to buy it for 3m then sell it for the same price, are they?
I read somewhere that there is a restrictive covenant on the ground, stating that it can only be used for sporting purposes. Not sure if that remains the case now it's been sold though.

A few years ago I went and watched Union Berlin play. They were in a similar position to us, they needed a stadium but couldn't afford it so their fans built it themselves. How many of our supporters are brickys, plasterers, plumbers, electricians, quantity surveyors, project managers, site managers & even architects? I'd wager many of us would be willing to give up some spare time to keep costs down if it meant owning our own ground.

Maybe the council could even gift us some land :lol: ok, maybe not.

NineteenEightyNine wrote:
rncfc wrote:If Newport RFC joined the English League system their gates would be back up to the old level in double-quick time is my guess. Is there any reason why this hasn't already happened? Who could stop them?
I've often wondered the same thing, I suspect the WRU would have something to say about it and do their very best to prevent it but definitely something I'd be exploring.
Just needs this useless gutless council to make it abundantly clear that planning permission for any kind of construction application for rp will be dismissed out of hand.

Caerleon Exile wrote:A few years ago I went and watched Union Berlin play. They were in a similar position to us, they needed a stadium but couldn't afford it so their fans built it themselves. How many of our supporters are brickys, plasterers, plumbers, electricians, quantity surveyors, project managers, site managers & even architects? I'd wager many of us would be willing to give up some spare time to keep costs down if it meant owning our own ground.

Maybe the council could even gift us some land :lol: ok, maybe not.
Good idea we could turn the pitch over SP :grin:

rncfc wrote:
aberexile wrote:If selling is the WRU's intention (I hope it's not). Why would the WRU sell to us? They could make far more money than they bought it for from selling the land to property investors, a supermarket chain, etc. They're not going to buy it for 3m then sell it for the same price, are they?
I read somewhere that there is a restrictive covenant on the ground, stating that it can only be used for sporting purposes. Not sure if that remains the case now it's been sold though.
In that case, the original post makes more sense. £4m = £1m from us, £1m from NRFC and £2m from the council. WRU get £1m profit. Would all sides do it, though?