Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES v STAGS

Don Corleone wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Att - 3133 (362)
Strange so many of the season ticket holders plus 1 for the Man City game couldn’t make today’s game?? Hopefully they’ll be in attendance on Tuesday.
Good Afternoon

Its not strange at all. indeed totally expected.Its about the attractiveness of the entertainment on offer. The event today is not perceived by the masses as attractive as next Saturday. I could have made the effort to come today, but have chosen not to. However i have chosen, along with three family members to attend next week.

The idea is that by being successful we then might attract some of these occasional visitors to come more often. If we are winning today by four or five goals in a display of stunning football then some might say, wow, lets go on Tuesday. Although the passionate fans will attend as often as they can, the undecided make a more dispassionate decision.

Many factors affect this decision, as with other offerings in the world of entertainment, i would love to eat out more often, go to the theatre more often etc etc However a choice has to made considering all factors including finances and time available.

All we can hope for is the team put in a good performance next Saturday and a few of the extras return for a league game in the future.

Phil in Npton

phil_in_npton wrote:
Don Corleone wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Att - 3133 (362)
Strange so many of the season ticket holders plus 1 for the Man City game couldn’t make today’s game?? Hopefully they’ll be in attendance on Tuesday.
Good Afternoon

Its not strange at all. indeed totally expected.Its about the attractiveness of the entertainment on offer. The event today is not perceived by the masses as attractive as next Saturday. I could have made the effort to come today, but have chosen not to. However i have chosen, along with three family members to attend next week.

The idea is that by being successful we then might attract some of these occasional visitors to come more often. If we are winning today by four or five goals in a display of stunning football then some might say, wow, lets go on Tuesday. Although the passionate fans will attend as often as they can, the undecided make a more dispassionate decision.

Many factors affect this decision, as with other offerings in the world of entertainment, i would love to eat out more often, go to the theatre more often etc etc However a choice has to made considering all factors including finances and time available.

All we can hope for is the team put in a good performance next Saturday and a few of the extras return for a league game in the future.

Phil in Npton
Hi Phil

Not a dig at season holders and certainly not at you as I know if you could attend every week you would. I also hope those who are lucky enough to receive the extra ticket from season ticket holders return after next week, however I suspect 99% will not as most will be watching us for the first time. I’m also confident we’ll only see these ‘new fans’ again if we draw a big club next year. Having the plus one option for season ticket holders looks like a high percentage of fans with a Middlesbrough ticket will not secure a ticket for next week and we risk losing those fans who do turn up week in week out with their kids but do not have a season ticket and only have a adult trust membership.

Don Corleone wrote:
Hi Phil

Not a dig at season holders and certainly not at you as I know if you could attend every week you would. I also hope those who are lucky enough to receive the extra ticket from season ticket holders return after next week, however I suspect 99% will not as most will be watching us for the first time. I’m also confident we’ll only see these ‘new fans’ again if we draw a big club next year. Having the plus one option for season ticket holders looks like a high percentage of fans with a Middlesbrough ticket will not secure a ticket for next week and we risk losing those fans who do turn up week in week out with their kids but do not have a season ticket and only have a adult trust membership.
How is it any different to the Spurs game?

Really enjoyed that game. Excellent performance from us against a good Mansfield side and we restricted them to half chances.

Robbie was outstanding first half capped off with a great goal but faded badly second half (no shame in that as he worked very hard).

Labadie and Bennett were immense in the middle and OB, Mickey, Butler & Poole were solid at the back.

Podge & Jamma worked so hard up top

Marky wrote:
Don Corleone wrote:
Hi Phil

How is it any different to the Spurs game?
No different to the Spurs game except that demand will be far greater with Man City coming to town. My point is that there are fans who attend most home games but will miss out on the biggest game they're likely to see in their lifetime. After 5 years back in the FL we don't seem to be progressing off the pich and are still very amateur when it comes to ticketing and attracting new fans. I have my tickets so will be there as I am every week, however I know of people who miss one or two home games each season, travel to away games but will likely have to queue from 3am in the hope of securing a ticket for next week. Such fans can easily be identified if they order tickets online as there will be a log in the background. IMO the club should be identifying who these fans are and including them in the priority categories for the big games. As mentioned earlier if we isolate these fans we risk losing them. We all know most will not return after next week and after 5 years in the FL we should have measures in place to make sure those who have been identified as attending most games and are not ST holders are given some kind of preference to those who do not attend games. Not sure what the solution is for exiled fans, however we should be a bit more advanced off the pitch after 5 years than we currently are.

sblair1979 wrote:Baffled by the lack of subs. Labadie and Matt were exhausted. Surely fresh legs to press the opposition can only be good in the later stages?
Agree about Matt and Labadie. Suspect they may be rested Tuesday, but I do worry how we would manage without Matt at the moment as we rely on him winning the ball in the air a lot. Of course with a different type of player up front we will have to adapt our game.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
sblair1979 wrote:Baffled by the lack of subs. Labadie and Matt were exhausted. Surely fresh legs to press the opposition can only be good in the later stages?
Agree about Matt and Labadie. Suspect they may be rested Tuesday, but I do worry how we would manage without Matt at the moment as we rely on him winning the ball in the air a lot. Of course with a different type of player up front we will have to adapt our game.
Yeah definitely both looked vey tired. I could possibly understand keeping Labs on to get a 90 mins under his belt but I thought Matt looked knackered in the 2nd half and i thought Flynny would have made the change late in the game.