Ticket Priority - Just an Idea

It seems some with Boro tickets might still not get a ticket. So here’s my idea for next year...

Once the league fixtures are published the club announce a set number of priority games (let’s say 4) - one each month. In the event of cup games you have the usual priority for season tickets, trust etc but then you have a priority window for those that attended all 4 priority games, then 3, then 2...

Hopefully some extra gate income for the club even if we don’t get through in the cups, spread out for people’s income and rewards those who attended the most games.

Simples :cheers:

Re: Ticket Priority - Just an Idea

The thing is those with Boro tickets aren't necessarily those that go to the league games, so think something else needs to be in place to ensure those that go to the bread and butter games go to the FA Cup games.

Sorry, but I don't think it's enough to say join the trust, this is another expense on top of the tickets to games that some people can't afford, those that go to every home game are actually paying more into the club than a lot of trust members, who can now pay 5 pound a month and then not go to a single game and end up with first priority.

Why not just print a token on each ticket to every game and then for Cup games, those with so many tokens get priority.

The real issue this time is that Middlesbrough stubs are being given to people who did not go to that game, to buy tickets this time. Many will be guilty of doing this. As I said on another thread, the Middlesbrough tickets could have been marked if purchased on priority and sold on the understanding that they would not be able to be used today. That would have been fairer to all. Massive demand for this game, we are playing the reigning Premier League Champions..!

countyareup wrote:The real issue this time is that Middlesbrough stubs are being given to people who did not go to that game, to buy tickets this time. Many will be guilty of doing this. As I said on another thread, the Middlesbrough tickets could have been marked if purchased on priority and sold on the understanding that they would not be able to be used today. That would have been fairer to all. Massive demand for this game, we are playing the reigning Premier League Champions..!
.... as 'plum' home FA Cup draws go, it doesn't get much bigger, if ANY bigger than this.....

newgroundrodney wrote:(1) Individual Client Reference Number
(2) Ticket purchasing history
(3) Purchases made at The Club
(4) Away travel history

....what we need is a system that envelopes all of this. so that those who "support" more, are "rewarded" more.
I said the same last season, it is long long overdue. The only way genuine supporters won’t miss out (assuming it includes online ticketing...).

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Good ideas NGR. Lets hope they are put in place, and needed for next year.
By the way how do you think we should prioritise our 1/4 final game?
(1) Season Ticket holders with seats
(2) Season Ticket holders with terrace
(3) Gold Members
(4) Silver Members
(5) Bronze Members
(6) Not yet upgraded members (£10 a yr)
(7) Volunteers
(8) General sale

One priority route only -ONE TICKET per person..... (I'm joking about 8 tiers by the way!)
We could have seven tears..... I feel a song coming on! :grin:

I'm not making a knock at the club because I'm loving the ride at the moment.

I'm a community trust shareholder ( or whatever we are called ) living in the Midlands. I went to the Middlesbrough away game.

I couldn't get down to the ground this weekend due to man flu. I don't think that I should need to get to the ground either.

If I'm correct - and please someone correct me if I'm wrong - if I was a season ticket holder I had priority for two tickets, also as a shareholder I could queue and get another ticket, if I were trust member I could get another one and if I went to the Middlesbrough replay another. So if I ticked all those boxes I could have got 5 tickets .......

Now surely there is a list of all shareholders and trust members with their e-mail addresses? Similarly for season ticket holders? When these matches come along an e-mail could be sent out asking if tickets are required by these priority persons. Or even give people the chance to have their mobile phone number on a list and a text message could be sent. We really do need to move forward on how we allocate tickets.

Up the County.